XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Likes/Dislikes about your XE

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Likes/Dislikes about your XE

Hello

I wanted to list Pros and Cons of my XE so far. I have owned it for 3 months now and got a very good taste of the car itself.

I would suggest being detail oriented with your list - meaning not stating the obvious (like XE looks amazing or drives amazing).

I think if all of us will list 5 of each, we can maybe compare and contrast our cars and opinions about them.

Pros

1. Front Seats - I have standard front seats and they are very comfortable/adjustable for my driving position. Even during the long trips they keep my back and neck well supported
2. Throttle Calibration - I think Jaguar has done a great job at calibrating the throttle response. I can adjust it very precisely. There is a very little "dead pedal" travel and in traffic, It helps a lot to zip through gaps
3. AC unit - It's been a brutal summer so far in MA and XE's Climate Control has impressed me a lot. It takes very little for it to start going and can cool down the whole car in under a minute or so. I like the fact that It is very adjustable both in terms of the fan speed and temperature.
4. Race Mode - I think the Race Mode really transforms the XE. The steering weights up very progressively and throttle response gets even better. I know every sport/race mode does with lot of cars that but usually the changes are marginal. That is not the case with XE.
5. Engine Type - I have had lots of turbocharged cars in the past and while I do appreciate low-end torque, I fell in love with XE's V6. Usually, Supercharged engines have similar power delivery as turbocharged ones but XE V6 seems to pull much harder at higher revs. It makes max torque at 4500 and max power at 6500 while redline is at 7000 so it truly feels like a high revving NA engine.

Cons

Headlights - Mine has standard Halogen headlights. I am very disappointed by their performance. Jaguar should have made much better headlights for 48K car. (and I should have optioned the LED headlights)
Exhaust System- I know that XE sounds great when you step on it. But its exhaust system has noticeable drone above 1800RPM. I often drive on a highway @ 80-85mph and in 8th gear, it holds 2000-2400 RPMS. this drone really affects you on long trips.
Rear seats - Sets themselves are comfy but there is very little legroom or headroom. I am 6ft 1 and cannot fit comfortably at the back.
Gear Selector - Takes up way too much space and can't be operated quickly/precisely. I often end up in Neutral or P instead of R.
Moonroof - It is huge yet the opening is standard size. Due to car's sloping roof, it does not slide inside the roof itself, it slides above it and looks very weird. It is also quite slow in operation.

The following users liked this post:
SNG Barratt USA (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Biggest dislike is the clear coat on the wheels. I have the two tone 19"s that are stock on the R Sport. Just looking at them scratches them. Order all black if you can.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

There are a few things that nag me from time to time. First thing that comes to mind is the touch screen. It tends to be a bit sluggish at times, especially when I'm trying to change the music, or inputting a new address into navigation.

Another thing is I seem to have encountered a problem with the tire pressure checker system. Almost every time I drive more than 10 miles, it pops up saying "back right tire pressure low" and then about a minute later "check all tire pressures". I check them and see that they're all around 40-38 psi. Anyone know if this might be a connection issue, or if there's a way to change it so it only alerts me at lower psi?

The last thing I can think of that annoys me is a couple of the choices on the interior. Especially the plastic feel of the paddle shifters and the buttons around the touch screen. For $44k, I was expecting a fair bit more of a luxurious feel to these simple touches.

Now on to what I love... Pretty much everything! I was up in Nanuet yesterday with one of my friends and we cruised around all the back roads. So therapeutic. The handling, the corners, the acceleration out of sharp turns... I NEVER drive outside of dynamic mode I regretted passing over the V6 (well, I couldn't afford it...) but the 240 HP feels a lot more than just 240 HP.

I also love the interior. I love how open the middle console is. At first it took a minute to get adjusted to the fact that there wasn't a stick there, but afterwards it's been so comfortable. The trim around the front seats and the overall comfort of the seats feels like you're being hugged. I love how low it sits.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:44 AM

Yes, the standard infotainment system is laggy sometimes. But the optional one seems to have a much faster processor.

For tire pressures, my car is at recommended 43 front 45 back (PSI). You can adjust the setting for "light load" or "Standard". That might stop low-pressure error from reappearing.

As for driving, while V6 has a lot of power, in terms of the balance 4 cylinder is almost 50/50 weight distribution and probably feels lighter on its feet than the V6.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia

For tire pressures, my car is at recommended 43 front 45 back (PSI). You can adjust the setting for "light load" or "Standard". That might stop low-pressure error from reappearing.
That is only for maximum weight loads on the car; not for normal driving. 37 front and rear per the owner's manual. What door jam displays and what's in the owner manual are different.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member

I am little disappointed in the brakes considering the power of the car. Braking is its worst performance metric or impression while driving.

Jaguar should offer an AP Racing, Alcon, or Wilwood brake option.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:00 PM

I agree with the brakes, there is a very little pedal feel that's for sure. As for performance, I have not tested them myself but I've read in other reviews that journalists complained about the brakes.

I think Euro spec XE S has upgraded Brembo brakes. I don't know why they do not offer it in the US.