XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

My new and first Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 AM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My new and first Jaguar

Just bought this a week an a half ago (I attached the picture, hope it shows).

Jaguar XE R-sport 35t AWD.
Italian Racing Red, Red interior, Tech pack, black pack, black wheels.

I wanted to get the 2018 XE-S in the same configuration, but I got a really good deal on this car so I decided to take it. (I lease cars)

I drove a lot of cars in this price range and honestly this Jaguar is overall simply the best. Amazing performance, best handling, very unique car (not many Jaguars on the roads), pretty luxurious interior. Plus I feel like the updated touch screen is just amazing. It's fast and beautiful. I would have liked the virtual dash, but this screen is plenty considering how large it is.

Also included maintenance! Who could beat that? The lease price was very good comparing it to an Audi and BMW as well.

Ehem, on a side note I am driving an XF at the moment because my XE got a check engine light and is at the dealer. Let's hope it is not a serious issue or an ongoing one.

Anyways, what brought you into buying your XE over the competition?

Attached Thumbnails My new and first Jaguar-screenshot_2017-05-10-08-56-01-1.png  
Old 05-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Your car looks great in IRR with black pack.

I agree, for the price point XE V6 is the best car. Not only the exterior, brand, interior wise but also dynamics. MB and Audi feel heavier and don't feel as RWD biased as XE. The only thing that comes close would be 340i.

The following users liked this post:
KC- (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Your car looks great in IRR with black pack.

I agree, for the price point XE V6 is the best car. Not only the exterior, brand, interior wise but also dynamics. MB and Audi feel heavier and don't feel as RWD biased as XE. The only thing that comes close would be 340i.
Thank you; it's a nice color combo.

I drove a M240i and I felt the interior felt a bit cheap, even cheaper than my GTI which has a great build quality. And the 3 series are way too common, especially in my area, so that was out of the question for me.

I liked Audi a lot, I drove the S3 and S5, but their lease rates were terrible and the MSRP was even less than the XE. The handling in the Jaguar was just better than every other car brand I drove, only closely matched by the BMW.

AND a supercharged engine! What a great combo. Hopefully Jaguar doesn't get rid of those anytime soon; future F-type owner I hope

Old 05-12-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by KC-
Thank you; it's a nice color combo.

I drove a M240i and I felt the interior felt a bit cheap, even cheaper than my GTI which has a great build quality. And the 3 series are way too common, especially in my area, so that was out of the question for me.

I liked Audi a lot, I drove the S3 and S5, but their lease rates were terrible and the MSRP was even less than the XE. The handling in the Jaguar was just better than every other car brand I drove, only closely matched by the BMW.

AND a supercharged engine! What a great combo. Hopefully Jaguar doesn't get rid of those anytime soon; future F-type owner I hope
Yes agreed. Some reviewers put down XE's interior as being "cheap" but I often wonder if they have ever sat in low-spec 3 series. In my opinion, the most of BMW's interiors are sterile, old-fashioned and tired in design. They still have that 90s/early 00s look.

On the other hand, XE's interior looks simple, elegant and modern. It looks good and gets the job done without any gimmicks. I appreciate its simplicity more and more.

BruceTheQuail (05-13-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:23 AM
KC-

Yes agreed. Some reviewers put down XE's interior as being "cheap" but I often wonder if they have ever sat in low-spec 3 series. In my opinion, the most of BMW's interiors are sterile, old-fashioned and tired in design. They still have that 90s/early 00s look.

On the other hand, XE's interior looks simple, elegant and modern. It looks good and gets the job done without any gimmicks. I appreciate its simplicity more and more.
Exactly, BMW's have had the same look for pretty much over a decade.

The XE is a new car and it's design is very modern and sleek. I don't find the car cheap; the only thing that could be improved is possibly having some leatherette on the center console instead of plastic. Although the plastic is a smooth grain, it isn't that bad at all.

The only thing I wish could be soft touch is the hula hoop in the front. It is a hard plastic and also on the XF it is hard touch.

I drove the XF and everything I touched is pretty much the same materials as in the XE.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided on the XE at the first corner I took in the car during the test drive , this car takes a corner and turns like nothing else , the best way I can come close to describe it is like that sexy classy looking lady with a black belt in taekwondo :O .

Old 05-13-2017, 11:34 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by Cremisi
I decided on the XE at the first corner I took in the car during the test drive , this car takes a corner and turns like nothing else , the best way I can come close to describe it is like that sexy classy looking lady with a black belt in taekwondo :O .
It's simply amazing, isn't it?

Old 05-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KC-
Just bought this a week an a half ago (I attached the picture, hope it shows).

Jaguar XE R-sport 35t AWD.
Italian Racing Red, Red interior, Tech pack, black pack, black wheels.

I wanted to get the 2018 XE-S in the same configuration, but I got a really good deal on this car so I decided to take it. (I lease cars)

I drove a lot of cars in this price range and honestly this Jaguar is overall simply the best. Amazing performance, best handling, very unique car (not many Jaguars on the roads), pretty luxurious interior. Plus I feel like the updated touch screen is just amazing. It's fast and beautiful. I would have liked the virtual dash, but this screen is plenty considering how large it is.

Also included maintenance! Who could beat that? The lease price was very good comparing it to an Audi and BMW as well.

Ehem, on a side note I am driving an XF at the moment because my XE got a check engine light and is at the dealer. Let's hope it is not a serious issue or an ongoing one.

Anyways, what brought you into buying your XE over the competition?
Congratulations on a great car. The XE R is a fine car for the money. I have had. I have had mine for almost a year and really enjoy the car alot. I like you configuration with the red and black. Very sexy. I came from a Audi S4 and the XE R compares very favorable. It only seems to get better with time.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:54 PM
KC-

Originally Posted by Joearch
Congratulations on a great car. The XE R is a fine car for the money. I have had. I have had mine for almost a year and really enjoy the car alot. I like you configuration with the red and black. Very sexy. I came from a Audi S4 and the XE R compares very favorable. It only seems to get better with time.
Thank you! I've been loving it every minute I drive it. Yes it is a very nice combination and it is practically perfect, everything I want, nothing I don't.

I also drove the Audi S4/5 and while they are great cars, they just lack the character the Jaguar have.

It's like a fine wine!

Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

The car keeps getting faster and faster as I add miles (at 6k right now). That engine really puts down some power with the supercharger. When I first got the car, I thought the supercharger wasn't as instant as I was anticipating, but it is now.

The brakes are the only "let down"; hardly as sporty as the rest of the car. An AP Racing option would be awesome!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:00 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
The car keeps getting faster and faster as I add miles (at 6k right now). That engine really puts down some power with the supercharger. When I first got the car, I thought the supercharger wasn't as instant as I was anticipating, but it is now.

The brakes are the only "let down"; hardly as sporty as the rest of the car. An AP Racing option would be awesome!
I'm sure it gets better after breaking it in a little. I think it is quite fast though, even at the 500 mile mark I am at now!

That's very true with the brakes. They're decent, but not as good as the rest of the performance suggests they should be.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:32 AM

That is very true

When I drove the car during my dealership visit I though, it pulls well but I expect more from 340hp.
Now after 11K miles, It pulls at least 25% better than It did before. It is weird but I don't think my butt dyno lies.
The sound also got better with miles but only at higher revs.

As for the brakes, their performance is very good, actually one of the best in the class, the issue I believe is their feel or lack of thereof. They just feel soft and mushy when you need to stop from high speed. It definitely takes away from the overall drive experience.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

The sound also got better with miles but only at higher revs.
For sure. I saw videos on the XE S and was like "my car doesn't sound like that", but now it mostly does...

Old 05-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
mosesbotbol (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, Im liking this thread cause I as well am a new Jaguar owner coming off of 8 years with Audis. I love the car absolutely love it though having a bit of a hard time getting use to the smaller size coming from an A6. I'm having quit a few issues with the touch screen freezing and flickering at times as well as the remote start app working literally 3 times out of the over 60-70 times I've tried. Still out there on these threads looking for some cool tips and tricks about the car. I just figured out how to mirror my iPhone onto the screen.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Received 335 Likes on 201 Posts

Congrats on the Jag. I was going to buy one for my wife...buuuut that interior was a tad disappointing to both of us. Glad you like it though.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

JustBlessed, as mentioned in another thread, your problems with the InControl module will almost certainly be cured when you return the car to the dealer for a software update. That has worked for me and for other members of this forum.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:55 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by JustBlessed
Ok, Im liking this thread cause I as well am a new Jaguar owner coming off of 8 years with Audis. I love the car absolutely love it though having a bit of a hard time getting use to the smaller size coming from an A6. I'm having quit a few issues with the touch screen freezing and flickering at times as well as the remote start app working literally 3 times out of the over 60-70 times I've tried. Still out there on these threads looking for some cool tips and tricks about the car. I just figured out how to mirror my iPhone onto the screen.
The car looks pretty good on white, and I do not like white cars that much

Yeah it is a bit smaller, but it feels very cozy when you're in there. Plenty of room for me though, I'm coming from a hatchback!

That's unfortunate, I've never had any issues with the screen. Mine runs very fast and smooth.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
Congrats on the Jag. I was going to buy one for my wife...buuuut that interior was a tad disappointing to both of us. Glad you like it though.
Thanks!

I actually like the interior a lot. The R-sport trim gives it some nice contrast stitching across the dash. The interior isn't at an Audi level, but it's nicer than some other luxury cars I've been in. And also it has a very simple, modern and elegant look.

I think young people like myself look for something a bit different in cars nowadays. We love tech and gadgets, not necessarily the finest materials and woods. I judge a lot of interiors based on their infotainment systems and quality of their navigation screens. Also having a virtual dash/cockpit is such a cool feature.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:30 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

>I judge a lot of interiors based on their infotainment systems and quality of their navigation screens.

Kids these days... get off my lawn
================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine