XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Potential Coolant Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Potential Coolant Issue

I filled my coolant up about a week ago after getting a low coolant warning, and right before I went out for a drive yesterday, I checked and the levels were below the minumum. The water pump was replaced recently, but I'm wondering if maybe the coolant pipes/tubes need to be replaced as well to make sure it's not leaking. I haven't smelled any coolant in the cabin, but I'd rather tackle the issue before it's a big problem if possible. What parts would I need to purchase for this type of fix?

Old 07-05-2023, 09:33 PM
Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

You don't see any leak do you? If not, I think there is still "air" in the coolant system. Continue to fill the coolant regularly until the air in the system disappears. The bleeding wasn't done correctly after water pump was replaced.
The best coolant fluid level is in between the FULL & MIN mark. Do not fill it to the FULL level mark. Fill coolant when engine is cold.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 07-06-2023 at 06:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
thatjagtho (07-06-2023)
Old 07-06-2023, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
You don't see any leak do you? If not, I think there is still "air" in the coolant system. Continue to fill the coolant regularly until the air in the system disappears. The bleeding wasn't done correctly after water pump was replaced.
The best coolant fluid level is in between the FULL & MIN mark. Do not fill it to the FULL level mark. Fill coolant when engine is cold.
I think that may have been the culprit! I have been keeping an eye on the levels since I put a little more in and it looks good to go. No stains/liquid under the car or around the engine bay that I can see. No coolant smells. Thanks for your response!

Old 07-10-2023, 05:26 PM
Default Correction

Originally Posted by thatjagtho
I think that may have been the culprit! I have been keeping an eye on the levels since I put a little more in and it looks good to go. No stains/liquid under the car or around the engine bay that I can see. No coolant smells. Thanks for your response!
Either there is still air in the water pump from when it was changed recently, or there is definitely a coolant leak. Went to take my lunch at work today and had the low coolant message. Turned the car off, checked, and the coolant was low. Put some coolant in and have a Jag dealer a call. They did tell me I may not see any coolant under the car but it could still be a leak, and quoted me the whole coolant job price.

Got in the car to leave after work, and upon starting the engine heard what sounded like water/liquid running. There is a pretty high pitched squeal that I while I was driving it back. Parked it, popped the hood, and it looked as if the coolant level was almost low again. I’m concerned on the level of severity of the issue. The closest dealer is not very close, so hopefully my local mechanic can make the necessary repairs, pending how major they are or could be.

Old 07-11-2023, 11:09 AM
Default Update

Good news, my local mechanic can make the repairs, I just have to purchase the parts myself. I'm not really too savy on car parts or cars to know exactly what I'm needing... Fit for Jaguar Land Rover Cooling System Replace Upgrade Kit 3.0L V6 Engine New | eBay I checked out some of these coolant pipe kits on ebay that seem to fit my make/model. I was wanting to potentially get the aluminum pipes that I've seen some people mention in the forum. Would this kit be all that I need, or is there anything else I'd need to purchase? This option is about 1/4 the cost of what the dealer quoted me so I'd much explore the local repairs than trying to get my car up to the dealer (about a 2 1/2-3 hour drive in any direction to the nearest Jag Dealer.