XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

R Sport 3.5 Fully Load Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
We may be close on an XF Sportbrake deal. Will keep you posted.

Get it done! Which one are you going with? I love that Corris Gray but the two Indus Silvers seem to have more options.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Yehaman
Get it done! Which one are you going with? I love that Corris Gray but the two Indus Silvers seem to have more options.
An Indus Silver one he is promoting. The wife isn't so hot on silver. I hope to see it on Sunday. So far, the XF Sportbrake is the most bang for the buck for any car I have looked at. I kind of knew or was hoping they would be a tough sell. USA is not an 80K wagon market. It's only the real car nuts that like Euro wagons, but how many actually step up to buy one?

The Volvo dealer has an XC60 R Design in red that is super hot. Cool black wheels and Alcantara interior, but still are high on the price. Also have an S90 loaded sedan; white with camel. The leather is really over the top for the price range. Very well spec'd and 2018... Not so many days left to move 18's...

Old 12-13-2018, 09:53 PM

Exciting, let us know where you end up.

I would bet that Sam would do whatever he could to get you in one of his Volvo's if he knew that Norwood was being that aggressive with the Sportbrake. If the S90 is that brand new 2017 white one...they've had that for quite a while. I was going to take a look at that months ago but the wife isn't interested in a sedan nor anything in white. At the end of the day, you don't want to waste any ones time so I would just try to figure out what your better half would prefer to drive and then press that dealer hard...

Good luck!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 PM

And if budget wasn't an issue I'd have an E63 Wagon....

Old 12-14-2018, 06:11 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

An Indus Silver one he is promoting. The wife isn't so hot on silver. I hope to see it on Sunday. So far, the XF Sportbrake is the most bang for the buck for any car I have looked at. I kind of knew or was hoping they would be a tough sell. USA is not an 80K wagon market. It's only the real car nuts that like Euro wagons, but how many actually step up to buy one?

The Volvo dealer has an XC60 R Design in red that is super hot. Cool black wheels and Alcantara interior, but still are high on the price. Also have an S90 loaded sedan; white with camel. The leather is really over the top for the price range. Very well spec'd and 2018... Not so many days left to move 18's...
Love the Sportbrake. My wife had a Sportbrake R-Sport for a loaner. It was, however, are you ready.......$88k. With no lease or finance deals. Plus in my area, we have an additional 8% lease tax. Which is another reason why we bought instead.

I used to have a Magnum SRT8. I'd have bought another, but they stopped making them.

My wife didn't like the looks of the Volvos, so we didn't even drive one. She also hates white and silver cars.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

And if budget wasn't an issue I'd have an E63 Wagon....
I don't buy German cars or that would be a neat option. Even an older AMG wagon would be neat.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member

Exciting, let us know where you end up.

I would bet that Sam would do whatever he could to get you in one of his Volvo's if he knew that Norwood was being that aggressive with the Sportbrake.
I told the Volvo finance guy the whole story of where I am on this search last night. No BS either. The Sportbrake is going to be tough to beat. They had a V90 Cross Country in metallic black and she does not like Volvo's in black. My Aston is black and neither of us are really big on black cars, so two of them now? I don't think so. They had some less equipped S90's, but they don't capture the charm of the nicer optioned variants. If they can do the XC60 R Design in the 600's a month, I'd be into that one big time.

I expect the phone to be busy today with different offers. Almost end of the year and someone ready to sign a deal...

Old 12-14-2018, 04:11 PM

I told the Volvo finance guy the whole story of where I am on this search last night. No BS either. The Sportbrake is going to be tough to beat. They had a V90 Cross Country in metallic black and she does not like Volvo's in black. My Aston is black and neither of us are really big on black cars, so two of them now? I don't think so. They had some less equipped S90's, but they don't capture the charm of the nicer optioned variants. If they can do the XC60 R Design in the 600's a month, I'd be into that one big time.

I expect the phone to be busy today with different offers. Almost end of the year and someone ready to sign a deal...
We had 2 black cars at the same time. Never again. WAY too much work keeping them both detailed.

Good luck in your choice.

PS: Dec.31st is a Monday this year. They'll give you their first-born child to deliver a car on that day. I speak from experience.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member

Well, we ended up with a Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription. It's white metallic with tan leather. The wife wasn't big on silver and Volvo really stepped up to make the deal happen. They discounted the car about 7k and gave me a check to pay off my last 5 payments on the Jag. We were going to go with a Red XC60 R Design until we saw the white one tucked away downstairs at the showroom. R Design seats were a little snug and she liked the white better. The R Design car had an optional air suspension, but we can live without that. The white one has the standard Harmon Kardon stereo and red one had B&W which looks really neat.

Sudbury Jaguar / Land Rover wouldn't discount any car at all. My first pick would've been the Velar they had in the showroom, but did not budge nor offer any concessions at all to make a deal. I even called the dealership back on an XF Sportbrake they had in white (I think), but they did not call me back. So much for wanting to do a deal. They could've had me on the Velar the first day I walked in.

I could keep the XE until June, but we are right on the mileage limit, so any driving will be $.30 mile. My buyout was around 40K and the car is worth about 26K; so no way I would ever keep the XE.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:51 AM

Congratulations. It's nice when something works out once in awhile.

It sounds like you dodged a bullet with Sudbury JLR. They sound like Mercedes and BMW. They'll do YOU a favor by letting you buy one of their precious engineering masterpieces.

Who needs the aggravation with attitudes like theirs.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prange
Congratulations. It's nice when something works out once in awhile.

It sounds like you dodged a bullet with Sudbury JLR. They sound like Mercedes and BMW. They'll do YOU a favor by letting you buy one of their precious engineering masterpieces.

Who needs the aggravation with attitudes like theirs.
Seems par for the course with Herb Chambers. They're big on sending emails and calling me "to earn my business" yet wouldn't knock $50 off either of the cars I was interested in. It was interesting hearing the state of JLR from the former finance guy who's now the GM at the Volvo dealer we bought from. You'd think JLR would jump through hoops to sell me a car. Most of Jag's line up is stale at this point and new car sales are falling.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:05 PM

Seems par for the course with Herb Chambers. They're big on sending emails and calling me "to earn my business" yet wouldn't knock $50 off either of the cars I was interested in. It was interesting hearing the state of JLR from the former finance guy who's now the GM at the Volvo dealer we bought from. You'd think JLR would jump through hoops to sell me a car. Most of Jag's line up is stale at this point and new car sales are falling.

Congratulations, in the end you got what you wanted which is awesome. Sudbury sends me emails all the time too, I delete them all. Not surprised with what Sam said, however I am surprised that they weren't interested in moving a car. When I purchased mine they knocked off a huge %...I couldn't pass it up. I enjoyed working with Sam, and would do it again in a heartbeat if they had something my wife wanted. Anyways, congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Congratulations, in the end you got what you wanted which is awesome. Sudbury sends me emails all the time too, I delete them all. Not surprised with what Sam said, however I am surprised that they weren't interested in moving a car. When I purchased mine they knocked off a huge %...I couldn't pass it up. I enjoyed working with Sam, and would do it again in a heartbeat if they had something my wife wanted. Anyways, congrats and enjoy your new ride.
I still have until June to turn in our XE if I want to pay $.30 a mile. It might be worth it to keep the Rapide off the road some.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:29 PM

I still have until June to turn in our XE if I want to pay $.30 a mile. It might be worth it to keep the Rapide off the road some.
Don't know where you are, but the roads around me aren't that bad and that Aston is one handsome machine...It maybe beautiful to look at resting in the garage but my guess is it would get restless and prefers to get exercised often...I'd park the XE but enjoy the Aston until the roads are covered in all that wonderful sand/salt, etc.

An interesting aside, not sure if you have the Rapide serviced over in Waltham but they took one of Sudbury's finest young salesmen a while ago.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Don't know where you are, but the roads around me aren't that bad and that Aston is one handsome machine...It maybe beautiful to look at resting in the garage but my guess is it would get restless and prefers to get exercised often...I'd park the XE but enjoy the Aston until the roads are covered in all that wonderful sand/salt, etc.

An interesting aside, not sure if you have the Rapide serviced over in Waltham but they took one of Sudbury's finest young salesmen a while ago.
Yes, Holden sold me the XE and I traded in my Evora on the XE... That was his first encounter with Lotus and I think I showed him my Vantage before he moved to the Aston dealer. I see him at the Aston dealer when I go there for service or what not. Funny, he said he was going to buy an XE shortly after I bought mine and he still has it.

I drive the Rapide as my default (only car) car in this weather. Has double pane glass so it stays very comfy inside. I have an 2nd set of OEM Rapide wheels with Blizzaks. So far, so good. It pains me to see the XE sitting outside, so I don't know how long I could stand seeing it in the elements.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Yes, Holden sold me the XE and I traded in my Evora on the XE... That was his first encounter with Lotus and I think I showed him my Vantage before he moved to the Aston dealer. I see him at the Aston dealer when I go there for service or what not. Funny, he said he was going to buy an XE shortly after I bought mine and he still has it.

I drive the Rapide as my default (only car) car in this weather. Has double pane glass so it stays very comfy inside. I have an 2nd set of OEM Rapide wheels with Blizzaks. So far, so good. It pains me to see the XE sitting outside, so I don't know how long I could stand seeing it in the elements.

LOL, F'in love that kid...Holden is the best! Sold me my XF too.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (12-17-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 07:38 AM

I've only seen one Rapide in this area. And yours is your winter car with Blizzaks. On the East coast. You're my hero!

Old 12-18-2018, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prange
I've only seen one Rapide in this area. And yours is your winter car with Blizzaks. On the East coast. You're my hero!
The Rapide is my year round and only car.

I bought the Rapide because it is a good year round car that can wear a few hats. Takes up to four very comfortably, feels like you're in a GT inside, and drives like an Aston Martin. Wouldn't know you are driving a sedan and really likes to drive fast. I find myself driving faster in all conditions and locales than I did in the Vantage. Maybe the longer wheel base masks the speed on the back roads? It has the same steering rack as the DB9 and Vanquish.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

wow i feel like it was just yesterday you got the XE. congrats on the Volvo.

I had a very similar experience with JLR recently. was interested in getting a Velar for my wife, their lease was far from attractive. XJ's were leasing 1100+. it was disappointing. might buy used, but need to do more research since the car apparently is prone to annoying issues.

would love to hear more about your Rapide! im strongly considering one to replace my XFR since there's nothing interesting on the market right now

Quick Reply: R Sport 3.5 Fully Load Available