XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

R Sport 3.5 Fully Load Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
wow i feel like it was just yesterday you got the XE. congrats on the Volvo.

I had a very similar experience with JLR recently. was interested in getting a Velar for my wife, their lease was far from attractive. XJ's were leasing 1100+. it was disappointing. might buy used, but need to do more research since the car apparently is prone to annoying issues.

would love to hear more about your Rapide! im strongly considering one to replace my XFR since there's nothing interesting on the market right now
I really wanted the Velar in the showroom, but oh well...

Get the Rapide! It really is all that and then some. The power and sound (especially with the remote valve control) is just wicked. Was at a Ferrari C&C and when the Rapide started up, everyone was at attention. Sounds better than any normal Ferrari starting up. Handling is terrific, the downshifts are rev matched so it's a real experience on the downshift. Most leather ever in an Aston... Front and Read heated and ventilated seats. The list goes on and on. Really well built and no issues. Doesn't burn gas, heat and AC are great. Beyond that, the way it steers and handles is just magic. No other car real four seat car is going to steer and drive like that. Sure, some offer more room, faster in straight line, but they're no Aston Martin. If you're in the Boston are you're well to take mine out for a drive.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:51 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I really wanted the Velar in the showroom, but oh well...

Get the Rapide! It really is all that and then some. The power and sound (especially with the remote valve control) is just wicked. Was at a Ferrari C&C and when the Rapide started up, everyone was at attention. Sounds better than any normal Ferrari starting up. Handling is terrific, the downshifts are rev matched so it's a real experience on the downshift. Most leather ever in an Aston... Front and Read heated and ventilated seats. The list goes on and on. Really well built and no issues. Doesn't burn gas, heat and AC are great. Beyond that, the way it steers and handles is just magic. No other car real four seat car is going to steer and drive like that. Sure, some offer more room, faster in straight line, but they're no Aston Martin. If you're in the Boston are you're well to take mine out for a drive.
The only thing that scares me about Aston Martin is the maintenance costs.

I have friends with Lambos,911 Turbos,etc. I've heard some really wacky stories about maintaining them.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prange
The only thing that scares me about Aston Martin is the maintenance costs.

I have friends with Lambos,911 Turbos,etc. I've heard some really wacky stories about maintaining them.
There's normally just one service a year which is about $1200. Parts can be expensive, but it's a 225K+ car new so of course it has expensive parts. The local AM dealer shop rate is one of the lowest for AM nationally. I haven't found either AM I owned to be a burden on maintenance costs. So far, I think the V12 is more reliable than the V8 and the engine just goes... The dealer said they haven't seen any issues on the Rapide's they service and the ones with real mileage tend to be the best. If you have an indy mechanic, parts can bought at a nice discount online. I budget about 3K a year for upkeep. Dealership keeps my off-season wheels, so they charge $150 to swap out twice a year. Test drive a DB9 and Rapide. If you want something sportier, try a Lotus Evora S or Evora 400. Those two are just out of this world experience.

I read an article by an exotic car rental place in Las Vegas. He said the Aston's were on the lower side of maintenance spectrum and about mid pack in oil consumption. My car doesn't consume much oil.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
There's normally just one service a year which is about $1200. Parts can be expensive, but it's a 225K+ car new so of course it has expensive parts. The local AM dealer shop rate is one of the lowest for AM nationally. I haven't found either AM I owned to be a burden on maintenance costs. So far, I think the V12 is more reliable than the V8 and the engine just goes... The dealer said they haven't seen any issues on the Rapide's they service and the ones with real mileage tend to be the best. If you have an indy mechanic, parts can bought at a nice discount online. I budget about 3K a year for upkeep. Dealership keeps my off-season wheels, so they charge $150 to swap out twice a year. Test drive a DB9 and Rapide. If you want something sportier, try a Lotus Evora S or Evora 400. Those two are just out of this world experience.

I read an article by an exotic car rental place in Las Vegas. He said the Aston's were on the lower side of maintenance spectrum and about mid pack in oil consumption. My car doesn't consume much oil.
We're looking at getting another car in about 3 years. She has her heart set on an F-Type, preferably a rag top. I'll take over her XE R-Type. I do like that little checkered flag button.

That 3k doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll definitely look into a used Aston,(with a service history).

Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prange
We're looking at getting another car in about 3 years. She has her heart set on an F-Type, preferably a rag top. I'll take over her XE R-Type. I do like that little checkered flag button.

That 3k doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll definitely look into a used Aston,(with a service history).

Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.
Have her take a spin in a DB9 GT, Vanquish S, or DBS after the F Type test drive. Vanquish S is a really good used car buy.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

does it come with a reliable ZF auto transmission? or is it the automated clutch "speedshift" non-sense Aston came out with originally.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carzaddict
does it come with a reliable ZF auto transmission? or is it the automated clutch "speedshift" non-sense Aston came out with originally.
All of the modern V12 Astons in automatic are a ZF transmission done as a trans axle. Mine is the 6 speed, the Rapide S has the 8 speed ZF

The Vantage does the automated manual Sportshift. I have never driven that variant, but I hear the revised one is pretty good. The first version is great if you are driving it like a full sports car all the time.