XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Reversing Camera not appearing

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reversing Camera not appearing

Hello!

I wonder if anyone can advise, I have trawled various places and I am not sure my issue is quite the same as common ones I have seen elsewhere. Basically when I select reverse gear my reversing camera image doesn't appear, there is no blue screen that some people reported, no camera fault contact your dealer warning, nothing. I would assume that if it was a wiring problem or camera fault I would get a blue screen or an error, perhaps it is software?

Anyway, any thoughts would be very useful, I am out of warranty and don't really want to get stung massively by Jaguar if there is a self service option! :-)

Thanks!
Michael

Old 10-11-2022, 04:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Had a similar problem with my XE - at first the backup camera worked intermittently. I have the Incontrol Touch Pro ( no side buttons/larger screen) but not sure if that makes a difference. Anyway it was possible to open and close the trunk (or boot) and get it to work again for about 4 or 5 months. Finally the screen went blank when putting it into reverse and opening/closing trunk did nothing. Fortunately car was still under warranty - turns out the dealer had to replace a wiring harness. I read that other Jag owners had similar problems with the backup camera and since they were out of warranty repaired it themselves. As I recall it was the same wire in the harness (cant remember what color) where the conductor sheared but not the insulation making it challenging to diagnose. They simply put a jumper across the open circuit and got the back-up camera working without having to replace the harness Hope this helps.