XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

SatNav audio speaking in a foreign (Polish?) language

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SatNav audio speaking in a foreign (Polish?) language

I have a late 2015 model on which the SatNav has worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago when suddenly (and I am not aware of anyone changing the setup) the voice/navigation audio is now in what sounds like Polish. It is definitely a foreign language anyway but with a very distinct English accent. I have checked all the usual settings as far as Language is concerned and it is definitely set to "English (UK)". I have tried changing it to another language (which results in zero audio) and then changing back to English but still no joy. All visual displays are still in English; it's just the voice ?
I am loathed to take my car to Jaguar as they will probably want to charge a fortune to replace everything. I have even tried disconnecting the battery for a while in the hope that everything would reset but to no avail.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 07-23-2024, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by radger56
I have a late 2015 model on which the SatNav has worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago when suddenly (and I am not aware of anyone changing the setup) the voice/navigation audio is now in what sounds like Polish. It is definitely a foreign language anyway but with a very distinct English accent. I have checked all the usual settings as far as Language is concerned and it is definitely set to "English (UK)". I have tried changing it to another language (which results in zero audio) and then changing back to English but still no joy. All visual displays are still in English; it's just the voice ?
I am loathed to take my car to Jaguar as they will probably want to charge a fortune to replace everything. I have even tried disconnecting the battery for a while in the hope that everything would reset but to no avail.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Did you find a solution? My father has the same problem with the second hand xe he bought recently, initially missing sd card. I wonder if the car trader has given him a dodgy sd card.

Old 07-24-2024, 12:47 AM

Hi. I thought I had already replied to this.
The problem actually cleared itself after about 15 months ! I don’t know what happened but one day I happened to try the sat nav with the volume turned up and miraculously it was back to normal. Not much help, I know, but seems like just a temporary/intermittent fault with the system.