XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Side Panel misaligned

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Side Panel misaligned

Do you guys think I should have the dealer fix this as well? I have been looking at this for a few days and I was telling myself it will not bother me but it seems to be bother me more each time I see it. I am not sure if others have similar issues or would this warrant their repair? I have a service scheduled in a few days for some things and I wonder if I should report this. I am worried if they start taking panels apart then as all dealer they will not reinstall all the clips and such and just make the problem worse. The top panel above the driver side front wheel is sticking out further then lower panel, then at very tip the lower panel seems to stick outward. I tried pushing it in place but its not working.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

By the looks of this photo I would think it is acceptable but in person it may look much worse? I have seen many other much worse panels on the XE than this. Check and see if your taillights rattle at all. Wiggle them up and down and see how play there is, I can hear them chatter often. Checked 11 XE's so far on the lots and all of them seem to have lose taillights so far. They are only held on by 1 thumb screw so I think they need a padded shim to fix the chatter/rattle.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 362 Posts

I have not taken a bumper cover off an XE, but my X351 and F-Type use the same hanger approach of two screws that adjust up/down and in/out at the rear of the bumper cover. I suspect yours will be similar. Those screws have a slight amount of movement within their securing slots which can correct minor misalignments, and your dealer could easily work out if that might help in your case.

The panel alignment between plastic and metal panels on the recent Jags seems very imperfect compared to the older models. The flip side is that the bumper covers look to take a bit more flex before breaking, which is a good thing.