XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

TCU (TELEMATICS) bypass - force start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCU (TELEMATICS) bypass - force start?

2017 XE R-Sport 35t (3.0L)

"​​​​SOS Not Available" - battery was changed in module and primary battery as well. SDD does not recognize TCU as being fitted. When trying to do anything with the module, it goes straight to the "reading SIM type," but never gets past it. It's a constant communication/connectivity failure. I'm sure the TCU is jacked, but has anyone tried to bypass the TCU in order to allow the car to start? I know there's obviously a way, and to be honest, I honestly don't care to have the TCU - for me, it's not worth the issues. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Also, I am running JLR SDD v.164...does anyone anyone knows how to get access/seed code for CCF? Legit code generator?
Thanks again.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 327 Posts

Go back to recommendations Extra
go down to Vehicle reset
Follow promts

Old 01-20-2024, 04:37 PM

I tried to vehicle reset.but still no start.

Old 02-05-2024, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 447 Likes on 327 Posts

with sdd first configure your cluster gauge and run any updates on it then configure immobilizer, make sure your maintainer is connected full green

Old 04-01-2024, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jb12883
2017 XE R-Sport 35t (3.0L)

"​​​​SOS Not Available" - battery was changed in module and primary battery as well. SDD does not recognize TCU as being fitted. When trying to do anything with the module, it goes straight to the "reading SIM type," but never gets past it. It's a constant communication/connectivity failure. I'm sure the TCU is jacked, but has anyone tried to bypass the TCU in order to allow the car to start? I know there's obviously a way, and to be honest, I honestly don't care to have the TCU - for me, it's not worth the issues. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Also, I am running JLR SDD v.164...does anyone anyone knows how to get access/seed code for CCF? Legit code generator?
Thanks again.
Good evening All,
firstly apologies for the thread resurrection.
My XE statues playing up with needle sweep and no crank last week. Disconnected the battery for a moment and normal operation restored.
Very short lived and the car failed again in a couple
of days.
Took out the tcu and noted dampness on the coax cables. Left on a radiator to dry all though it looked ok.
Out back in the car and it behaved for a few days.
the sos warning disappeared and the app updated ok too.
Was semi thinking that the shark fin may have water ingress and there was witness marks / moisture on the coax leads. So I was going away for a few days I left a poly bag taped to the roof to try and let the car dry out.
Came back today car is now a none start again.
shark fin is dry btw. Took off the LH roof trim and suspect the panels are no longer sealed. Slow hose proved this theory out.
Run some silicone over it as temp fix but the car no longer starts.
I know TCU’s are on back order at 830+vat.
was there ever a work around to bypass this thing or does anyone engage a good tcu I can install to prove out if it’s faulty - circuit board does look ok to me as well.
secondly would a dead tcu battery cause these symptoms ? I can get one from a local retailer for around £50….
any guidance , hints or tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks all in advance.

Old 04-02-2024, 04:49 PM

I played around and figured out how to start the car bypassing the BCM/TCU, simply by shorting the starter relay.
I also had condensation on my TCU. I opened up the TCU and found NO oxidation, signs of water entry, or signs of shorting anywhere. Inside and out looked brand new, however, the TCU was the problem.
If you have SOS Limited Function, change the battery pack in the TCU.
If you have SOS Not Available, change the TCU
I ordered one online and reprogrammed it myself with a Snap-On Passthrough Pro and a copy of SDD.

Edit:
After tax/shipping, I paid $823.39 for the new TCU.
Also, there was a TSB about water intrusion due to the grommets under the third brake light (on top of the back glass). Updated grommets are available.

Last edited by Jb12883; 04-02-2024 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:30 AM

Thank you for the reply.
my concern is very similar to yours slight difference being the actual grommet is missing from the car.
Removal of the brake light trim isn’t a quick mission , however, a new trim and grommets are being delivered today.
new tcu’s are not available atm so I also have a second hand one coming today as well.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:04 PM

Wow, the grommet was missing? Yeah, that would explain the condensation.
A used TCU won't work unless you have the means to reprogram used modules since the VIN has to match the VIN of the BCM/GWM in order for it to allow the car to start.

Also, you should call the dealer to get the correct TCU part number for your car, because the number for mine was changed.

Last edited by Jb12883; 04-03-2024 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:08 PM

As it stands tonight, two new grommets and stop lamp fitted. Water tested all ok. Refitted all the trim.
a second hand tcu arrived today and codes to the car after running immobilisation routine to at least allow it to drive.
correct its coded from another vin so I’ll look into this tomorrow with an elec engineer I know

it starts and drives , ableit the app is defunct and a yellow triangle on start up ( goes off once running) I can work on going forward

Old 04-03-2024, 01:12 PM

They like to say you can't reprogram used modules, but it is possible. Good luck!