XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

V6 Lower crank pulley self-install

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 Lower crank pulley self-install

Hello all, I live in south FL and after being given the runaround or being quoted some crazy prices I'm going to be taking a crack at putting the pulleys on myself. Eurotoys sent the crank pulley, a smooth idler pulley, a belt and some instructions and it seems pretty straightforward. Jack the car, remove the belt, remove the pulleys, put the new ones on, put the belt on and then ride out.

Is it really that simple? Does anyone have tips before I give it a go?

Old 11-29-2021, 05:00 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

-The torx bolts are installed using loctite. Get a high quality torx bit, the cheap ones will shear off.
-I did mine from up top.
-a couple sizes of breaker bars are perfect.
-tighten the new pulley down very carefully till you can see it's going on straight all the way around; then give it the beans.
-take a pic of pulley routing for reference.
-careful of the belt tensioner max stop peg. You will break it off if you really give it hell.
-patience

The following users liked this post:
marcosmaniac (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,274 Likes on 2,416 Posts

See this post on the F-Type sub-forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...0/#post1655533
A full blow by blow description of how to remove the stock pulley and belt and install the new pulley and belt.
For a 2016 F-Type R AWD but 99% the same for an XE V6, just ignore the first part about removing the undertray etc to gain access as it's a little different on an XE but even easier.

The following users liked this post:
marcosmaniac (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR;[url=tel:2470790
2470790[/url]]See this post on the F-Type sub-forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...0/#post1655533
A full blow by blow description of how to remove the stock pulley and belt and install the new pulley and belt.
For a 2016 F-Type R AWD but 99% the same for an XE V6, just ignore the first part about removing the undertray etc to gain access as it's a little different on an XE but even easier.

This helped a lot. Got everything done with a friend today in 2 hours going through the top, could have been way faster but we had to get creative removing the crank pulley bolts.

We ended up using a breaker bar with a bit to hold the pulley in place by one bolt while the other broke torque on another bolt and we just kinda went around like that, same for installing the new bolts. Everything else was the same as the F-Type, minus the undertray. Very straightforward

Old 12-01-2021, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,274 Likes on 2,416 Posts

Originally Posted by marcosmaniac
This helped a lot. Got everything done with a friend today in 2 hours going through the top, could have been way faster but we had to get creative removing the crank pulley bolts.

We ended up using a breaker bar with a bit to hold the pulley in place by one bolt while the other broke torque on another bolt and we just kinda went around like that, same for installing the new bolts. Everything else was the same as the F-Type, minus the undertray. Very straightforward
Glad I could help.
I hope you have a tune to go with the new pulley and belt otherwise the car will go into limp mode ("restricted performance" in JLR speak) when you give it the beans or exceed 4,500 RPM.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:25 AM
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by marcosmaniac
Hello all, I live in south FL and after being given the runaround or being quoted some crazy prices I'm going to be taking a crack at putting the pulleys on myself. Eurotoys sent the crank pulley, a smooth idler pulley, a belt and some instructions and it seems pretty straightforward. Jack the car, remove the belt, remove the pulleys, put the new ones on, put the belt on and then ride out.

Is it really that simple? Does anyone have tips before I give it a go?

take a look at my post. I probably called everyone in south florida and also got crazy prices but eventually found a an awesome guy name Ronnie that did my crank pulley for $150. absolute steal

EDIT** nvm didnt see you had gotten it done yourself. good stuff!