XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Sponsor
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Owl
Will this software work with my XES in Switzerland?
Absolutely, yes!

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 05-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by kurtp
Awesome. Thanks for the feed back, Stuart.

Certainly not calling you out in any way, but I would be shocked if AIT's aren't causing the ECU to pull timing in response to back to back runs....do you have a log of AIT's? retarding the timing could contribute to the higher EGT's as well...but, all that said, you definitely know more than I do!

I'll get back to searching and lurking..keep up the good work!
Zero problems thus far with intake temperature. It is something we logged. We do on the other hand see fuel enrichment primary and secondary activation on cars run on the dyno as a result of catalyst over temperature, on a regular basis. No timing pulls though. We've been able to run an FType R, with our software through multiple runs, back to back with almost identical results, however we also use 2 monster fans, and point a couple of little fans at the cats. Other people who are trying to use use a couple of little hairdryer fans will trigger cat over temp enrichment on the second run, unless they wait 15 minutes to let them cool off.

Timing pulls are very obvious on a dyno chart (a very sharp, temporary drop-off) compared to fuel enrichment, which looks like a more gradual taper and will continue throughout the run.

We also log commanded ignition advance during dyno runs and so we can see from the logs whether it is pulling timing or not.

www.velocityap.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
Charles Calthrop (05-10-2017), Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 05-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Absolutely, yes!
As I am very interested, but not being a car mechanician, I first wanted to make sure that I can do the tuning by myself, before spending my money . Therefore I was looking for the instruction manual on the homepage of VelocityAp, but couldn't find it.
Is there a way to download a PDF-File of the manual?

Old 05-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Sponsor

As I am very interested, but not being a car mechanician, I first wanted to make sure that I can do the tuning by myself, before spending my money . Therefore I was looking for the instruction manual on the homepage of VelocityAp, but couldn't find it.
Is there a way to download a PDF-File of the manual?
I think I just successfully attached the instructions to this post, let me know if you can download them okay.

Attached Files
File Type: docx
VTech Instructions.docx (39.4 KB, 615 views)
www.velocityap.com

Old 05-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Thanx, the download did work!
Now I still have a question, which sounds probably silly for for you professional people: Where the heck do I find the OBDII Port ?

Old 05-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Next to the pedals on the left side. There should be a compartment with different ports.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Where the heck do I find the OBDII Port ?

Above and to the right of the hood release.
The plug faces the floor of the cabin.
Look for a rectangular hole.....

This was the 15th or 16th attempt at a clear picture.

Last edited by Charles Calthrop; 05-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Big Owl (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 AM

Thanx Charles, very helpful - nice car you have here, by the way

Old 05-12-2017, 02:06 PM

No problem, Owl.

Stuart, I read your instructions and particularly like the fact that you warn your customers/clients:

"****Note – It is not unusual for the vehicle to displayfaults on the dash, run fans and generally do weird stuff while thereading/writing process is completing. It is also very common for the vehicle to display fault codes or errorstates after reading or writing process is completed, due to transmission, bodyetc. modules being powered down while the ECU is powered up. "

I've never flashed the ECU/PCM of an XE, or any Jaguar for that matter, but I have done it many times on other makes.

When I was first trained, keeping the system voltage constant during the reading/writing phase was strongly stressed. I'm glad to see you mention a battery tender in the fourth paragraph. Most clients don't understand how important this is.

Owl, you can connect your battery tender under the hood of your XE. The positive port is on the passenger side front under a red cover. The negative post is on top of the passenger side strut tower. If you're unsure of what is what, consult your owners manual; search "jump starting".

Anyway, I'm anxious to see how it works out for you.

Or if you know where the jump points are already, you can tell me to go to hell.

The following 2 users liked this post by Charles Calthrop:
Big Owl (05-13-2017), Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 06-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Many thanks to Stuart and Chris @ Velocity AP! I got the ECU tune for my 2017 XE 35T R-Sport (just call it the S for gods sake...oh wait, 2018 models mucked it up).

Just applied the tune and also swapped the awful plastic paddles for the Jag OEM aluminum paddles while I was at it. What a difference! No idea what a Dyno would show, but from my very scientific 'butt in the seat' meter, its gone from 340 HP to 415+. The car went from feeling quick to feeling legitimately fast! The torque kicks in much sooner than stock, and the car just feels like it wants to pull much more readily. This car now feels as quick as my E92 M3 coupe did (actually much quicker below 4K RPM). The best part is the chassis of the XE is so well sorted that the it handles the extra power with aplomb. Very happy :-)

OH, and for anyone considering the paddle swap, amazing how that little change in tactile surface and feedback makes using them so much more fun.

Stuart, also applied the tune to my Aston Vantage S, but haven't had a chance to take it out yesterday. I'll be doing that this weekend too, but I'll post those reactions over at 6Speed :-D

The following 2 users liked this post by 99Problems:
Big Owl (06-11-2017), Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 06-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Thanx for sharing your experience - it sounds like your expectation are met :-)
Where did you get the aluminium paddles?

Old 06-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Where did you get the aluminium paddles?
I sourced them from a Jaguar parts store in England, since the local jag dealers wanted over $550 + tax for them. I think with shipping I they came to around $375?

Old 06-11-2017, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by 99Problems
I sourced them from a Jaguar parts store in England, since the local jag dealers wanted over $550 + tax for them. I think with shipping I they came to around $375?
Thanx!
Are you sure you ordered them in aluminum? Looking at the price, I believe you've chosen the pure gold version

Last edited by Big Owl; 06-11-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by 99Problems
This car now feels as quick as my E92 M3 coupe did (actually much quicker below 4K RPM). The best part is the chassis of the XE is so well sorted that the it handles the extra power with aplomb. Very happy :-)

Now that's sayin' somethin'... Is the XE's acceleration with the new tune as visceral as the M3's?

It really feels like you're goin' a hundred miles an hour in third gear when you're accelerating in an M3.....

Old 06-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Charles Calthrop
Now that's sayin' somethin'... Is the XE's acceleration with the new tune as visceral as the M3's?

It really feels like you're goin' a hundred miles an hour in third gear when you're accelerating in an M3.....
From 2-4.5K the XE with the tune feels like its pulling harder and thus feels quicker in that range than my M3 did. i'm sure a dyno would show the E92 M3 motor is not putting out the same kind of torque in that range compared to the XE. To your point though, the M3 would wind out to 8250 on the tach, so once you got in the 5500 - 7500 range it did feel more explosive, but I'm not sure if you were clocking 0-60 or 0-100 that the M3 would actually be any quicker.

As for the Diamond encrusted gold paddles.... Yeah, I was shocked at the cost for a part that couldn't be more simple or humble in actual material. But it is what it is, and I really disliked the plastic feel of the stock paddles, so I made my peace with the cost from a UK source. Couldn't reconcile paying over $600 after tax for them through Jag USA though...

Old 07-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My current vehicle is a tuned M235i, but since my folks both acquired F-Types (His: Glacier white R AWD Coupe, Hers: Italian Racing Red S V8 Civertible), I've fallen in love with Jaguar's current crop of vehicles.

I'd like my next upgrade to be an XE, and test drove a 35t R-Sport. The chassis was sublime, but the power delivery was less than I was hoping for, and the exhaust too tame for my taste. This tune might sway me towards the beautiful BRG RWD R-Sport the local dealer has been sitting on for far too long. This paired with the VAP exhaust/sport cats make a compelling case

That, or hold out for a great pre-owned F-Type deal...

Old 10-09-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Quattr09
My current vehicle is a tuned M235i, but since my folks both acquired F-Types (His: Glacier white R AWD Coupe, Hers: Italian Racing Red S V8 Civertible), I've fallen in love with Jaguar's current crop of vehicles.

I'd like my next upgrade to be an XE, and test drove a 35t R-Sport. The chassis was sublime, but the power delivery was less than I was hoping for, and the exhaust too tame for my taste. This tune might sway me towards the beautiful BRG RWD R-Sport the local dealer has been sitting on for far too long. This paired with the VAP exhaust/sport cats make a compelling case

That, or hold out for a great pre-owned F-Type deal...
The XE 35T R-Sport, or the newer S would easily be faster than your M235i with the tune, however you are right, the exhaust is very tame. That is one of my 2 gripes with the car (the other being brake pedal feel). I know both can be solved, but given that mine is a lease, I'm stopping at the reversible ECU tune.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:00 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the exhaust is definitely not tame on the V6 XE, you must not listen correctly or maybe is not broken in as of yet.... it sounds much better then anything I hear on the road. You should probably step outside and let someone rev the engine for you.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
the exhaust is definitely not tame on the V6 XE, you must not listen correctly or maybe is not broken in as of yet.... it sounds much better then anything I hear on the road. You should probably step outside and let someone rev the engine for you.
Agree to disagree. Glad you find yours up to par for what you want out of the car. I have over 7K miles on mine so its as broken in as its going to get. And while I'm sure having someone revving the engine to high RPMs while parked can elicit some noise while standing next to the exhaust, that's not really applicable or what I'm talking about. I'm comparing it to other cars I've owned, still own, and test driven, and what I hear from 2500 - 4000 RPM while driving with the windows up (which is how the car is driven 99% of the time). I've taken to leaving the center rear seat folded down to get a bit more noise in the cabin, but still not what I'd ultimately like.

To each their own.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanx, the download did work!
Now I still have a question, which sounds probably silly for for you professional people: Where the heck do I find the OBDII Port ?
Not silly at all....I had to ask the same thing when I first started tuning

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T