XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Calthrop
Now that's sayin' somethin'... Is the XE's acceleration with the new tune as visceral as the M3's?

It really feels like you're goin' a hundred miles an hour in third gear when you're accelerating in an M3.....

If you really want to feel the tune in action...install the crank pulley. It will put a grin on your face so wide you wont believe !!!

Old 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Problems
Agree to disagree. Glad you find yours up to par for what you want out of the car. I have over 7K miles on mine so its as broken in as its going to get. And while I'm sure having someone revving the engine to high RPMs while parked can elicit some noise while standing next to the exhaust, that's not really applicable or what I'm talking about. I'm comparing it to other cars I've owned, still own, and test driven, and what I hear from 2500 - 4000 RPM while driving with the windows up (which is how the car is driven 99% of the time). I've taken to leaving the center rear seat folded down to get a bit more noise in the cabin, but still not what I'd ultimately like.

To each their own.
that's what I call poor cabin insulation on cheaply made cars = lots of noise inside. but I guess you're right everyone has their preference.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
that's what I call poor cabin insulation on cheaply made cars = lots of noise inside. but I guess you're right everyone has their preference.
Hahaha.... yes, that's why you can hear a different amount or tone of exhaust on an Aston Martin, or Porsche, or OTHER jags... its the poor cabin insulation rather than the tone and volume of the exhaust. I stand corrected.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuart how’s Black Friday lookin for this tuning kit?

Old 11-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrick Berg
Stuart how’s Black Friday lookin for this tuning kit?
Started over a week ago:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...y-sale-192218/

ECU Tuning is 30% off.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 11-26-2017, 03:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Stuart, do I need a PC to run the Software or does it also run on a Mac?

Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Owl
Stuart, do I need a PC to run the Software or does it also run on a Mac?
It only runs on a PC.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-24-2017, 06:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have the effects this has on 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Old 12-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Seven
Anyone have the effects this has on 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
The difference for the base FType & FType S is 0.3 Seconds 0-60 and 0.4 Seconds in the 1/4 mile. Add in another 35BHP and I would estimate you'll see around 0.5 seconds 0-60 and 0.6/0.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Depending upon your drive type.

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that would put the XE at about 4.1, 4.2 sec for 0-60. To be honest it feels faster then that.

Last edited by RaffiNJ; 12-26-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:59 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
The difference for the base FType & FType S is 0.3 Seconds 0-60 and 0.4 Seconds in the 1/4 mile. Add in another 35BHP and I would estimate you'll see around 0.5 seconds 0-60 and 0.6/0.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Depending upon your drive type.
Part of the reason the F Type S has a quicker 0-60 is that it has a quicker final drive ratio. Maybe a good comparison would be an F80 M3 with DCT? 420 bhp and a similar curb weight. 4.0 seconds.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was wondering if there're any updates on the tuning kit for 2.0L, 25T?

Old 01-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by chariot44
Was wondering if there're any updates on the tuning kit for 2.0L, 25T?
Not right now. We have a multi use/laptop tool which will now flash these cars, so if there's a customer out there who's interested in working with us on the tune, please get in touch with us.

We're working on testing the protocol for these on the hand-held as well, so that the tunes can be delivered as they are for the 3.0/5.0SC

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Sponsor

For those who want that 'F-Type' sound, with pops & crackles. Now available with our tunes:

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-04-2018, 11:20 PM
Sponsor

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-13-2018, 10:30 PM

hi stuart
im possibly interested in running for my 2017 xe 35T. I’m coming from the diesel world where I use efi live for my truck where I have an interface so my laptop con communicate with my ecu/tcm. With this we aren’t required to pull and save the factory calibration if we don’t want and already have a tune prepared. However highly recommended. Is this how your software works? As in do I need to remove and save factory calibration. Another question is. I assume once I change the calibration that Jaguar will be able to tell even if I return it to stock. Also once returned to stock I assume that I can retune the same car with the same module more than once? Thanks for the help.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

Hello, I'm running this tune from VAP and can clarify a couple things for you.

VAP will send you a programming module with cable that is capable of many reprogrammings, once loaded with the right map.

To ensure the Map is perfect for your car, VAP has you download and save a copy of your specific map to the module, then you send it to them via e-mail, then they tune the many "Pages" of your fuel map and return the custom tune to you via email. ( This is a great time to have them delete the auto start/ stop function!)

Then you load your modified map file from VAP...tune done.

When you return the car to the dealer for service intervals, it is imperative you re-flash the ecu back to stock first.

This is not to "fool" jaguar (they will still be able to see the last date you flashed), but is done in case there is a factory ECU update needed, where the updated factory file requires the exact original factory maps to "build" on, bit by bit.

Once you get your car back from servicing, re-flash to the tune, and you are done. Takes less than five minutes.

It's the best thing since sliced bread, you will be happy you did it! You will need new tires more often if you like to use all that new power... ;-)

Last edited by Austin7; 03-14-2018 at 08:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 03-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Michael Beach
hi stuart
im possibly interested in running for my 2017 xe 35T. I’m coming from the diesel world where I use efi live for my truck where I have an interface so my laptop con communicate with my ecu/tcm. With this we aren’t required to pull and save the factory calibration if we don’t want and already have a tune prepared. However highly recommended. Is this how your software works? As in do I need to remove and save factory calibration. Another question is. I assume once I change the calibration that Jaguar will be able to tell even if I return it to stock. Also once returned to stock I assume that I can retune the same car with the same module more than once? Thanks for the help.
Hi Michael,

Was going to answer but looks like one of our customers beat me to the punch!!

www.velocityap.com

Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 03-16-2018, 01:31 AM
Default VAP reflash how is mileage and drivability ?

Originally Posted by Austin7
Hello, I'm running this tune from VAP and can clarify a couple things for you.

VAP will send you a programming module with cable that is capable of many reprogrammings, once loaded with the right map.

To ensure the Map is perfect for your car, VAP has you download and save a copy of your specific map to the module, then you send it to them via e-mail, then they tune the many "Pages" of your fuel map and return the custom tune to you via email. ( This is a great time to have them delete the auto start/ stop function!)

Then you load your modified map file from VAP...tune done.

When you return the car to the dealer for service intervals, it is imperative you re-flash the ecu back to stock first.

This is not to "fool" jaguar (they will still be able to see the last date you flashed), but is done in case there is a factory ECU update needed, where the updated factory file requires the exact original factory maps to "build" on, bit by bit.

Once you get your car back from servicing, re-flash to the tune, and you are done. Takes less than five minutes.

It's the best thing since sliced bread, you will be happy you did it! You will need new tires more often if you like to use all that new power... ;-)
I d love to know how the VAP reflash affects mileage and drivability. I have a bone stock 2014 xf 3.0
and it is very smooth and sneaky fast. The mileage is surprisingly good equalling or exceeding 30mpg at freeway speeds. I'd like more steam but I don't want to mess up a really nice car.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

The tune is like adding a next level sport mode, on steroids...Just more of...everything.

If you use all that extra tuned power (have a heavy foot) and are set in sport mode, your mileage will sink and your tires won't last as long, but you will have a huge grin on your face and some bragging rights, if that's your thing.

If you have a new set of tires, it will snap your neck noticeably more...in a good way! You will be faster. If your tires are slick, expect to break loose easier.

If you stay in the regular drive mode, drive like a sane person, and set the cruise control, you will likely have the same, or maybe even better mileage than before if you do a majority of hwy driving. City driving MPG will likely go down, but not much, and that's the trade-off for power on demand.

If you need the extra power, it is there when you floor it in both normal and sport mode. Shift points seem well calibrated still in all modes.

If you have the 340HP and tune up to 416HP, its like an engine transplant. I once put a Prelude v-tech race engine in a Honda Accord (it was fast), and this tune alone actually adds more horsepower than that honda engine swap did. Just sayin...

To have that limo driving experience, you just have to go a little easier on the gas...thats about it.

Last edited by Austin7; 03-27-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Panthro (08-03-2023)

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T