XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 06:43 PM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew0068
I'm a little confused. Would a tune on its own change the sound of a (six cylinder) XE S or would I need to go the extra step and install the pulley to get more pops and crackles (along the lines of the sound of an F-Type)?
The pulley has nothing to do with pops and crackles. We can do pops and crackles upon request, irrespective of what your other MODs are. You'll hear them more if you have an exhaust, or downpipes, but the pulley is not relevant to that.

Some people say the exhaust sounds louder or deeper the more HP you push out of the engine (tune, or tune + pulley) but that's fairly subjective. It's not a primary function of the tune to change the tone or volume of the exhaust, aside from adding pops etc.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 05-22-2020, 07:33 AM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

As I was taught many years ago in a simplified explanation, and internal combustion motor is nothing more than a big air driven pump. The more the air you move faster, the more exciting thinks become. When I have installed the puller and tune on my XE, the s/c whine increases and the exhaust note is louder as you open the taps hard, at idle and low speed, everything is the same. But, when the s/c is really cranking, like blowing through horn, more air equals more noise.

As Stuart said, pops and crackle overrun is a tune enhancement they offer. I have the in my tune. My wife is not a fan, but it is my car.

If you want more volume, delete the resonators, another thread, and for a couple hundred bucks you get an entirely new note. Along with the VAP Tune and pulley, she will howl..You also get a more throaty sound even at idle.

Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 07-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Repeat customer :::)

HEY STUART!!! Your mailbox is full....lol...Hi Stuart,

So...my XF 3.0 blew a headgasket recently. Guess I went a little overboard with the spray...hehehe...anyways...i moved on to an XE R-Sport. I will be using the oversized crank pulley currently on the XF and putting it on the XE...I am assuming it will fit? ..... So, can you let me know what you charge for a tune file on the XE- R Sport with oversized crank pulley.....i really enjoyed your work on the file for the XF and look forward to more fun with the XE.....i will probably switch over the W.O.N. spray kit to the XE once I locate the right wires for the rpm signal...should be the same......also...great work on the lowering springs...will definitely be adding those to my cart....anyhoooo.. ..look forward to hearing back....Cheers!!

Old 07-13-2020, 12:54 PM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
HEY STUART!!! Your mailbox is full....lol...Hi Stuart,

So...my XF 3.0 blew a headgasket recently. Guess I went a little overboard with the spray...hehehe...anyways...i moved on to an XE R-Sport. I will be using the oversized crank pulley currently on the XF and putting it on the XE...I am assuming it will fit? ..... So, can you let me know what you charge for a tune file on the XE- R Sport with oversized crank pulley.....i really enjoyed your work on the file for the XF and look forward to more fun with the XE.....i will probably switch over the W.O.N. spray kit to the XE once I locate the right wires for the rpm signal...should be the same......also...great work on the lowering springs...will definitely be adding those to my cart....anyhoooo.. ..look forward to hearing back....Cheers!!
It depends on the version. Your XE will use a black OEM crank pulley, the XF would depend on the year. There are also differences on the belt lengths at certain VIN breaks. The best thing to do would be email us at info@velocityap.com with your order number and the info on your new XE and we can sort it out.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 07-14-2020, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member

Done. Looking forward to the reply. Doing the resonator delete tomorrow and I want to dyno sometime next week if I can find an AWD dyno in Dallas area.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:01 AM
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Following your mods with interest as I've just picked up a V6 XE and am also considering a resonator delete and VAP tune and pulley.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member

Its the same 3.0L engine as my XF so everything should be pretty smooth. Only this time, I won't be spinning my wheels on launch...😆...and the XE is a few hundred pounds lighter

Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 07-14-2020, 05:39 PM
Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
Done. Looking forward to the reply. Doing the resonator delete tomorrow and I want to dyno sometime next week if I can find an AWD dyno in Dallas area.
Not exactly around the corner from Dallas, but 30mins from Plano is our dealer in Anna called LG Motorsports.
Equipped with an AWD Linked Dynojet

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 07-14-2020, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

I went to one of their dyno days a few years ago...they were not able to get torque numbers from their dyno. They have never worked with Jaguars before. These guys know their Corvettes though!!! I will reach out to them again. I actually live in Plano so its not that long of a drive to their track. Is their track finished yet?

Old 07-14-2020, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member

I went to one of their dyno days a few years ago...they were not able to get torque numbers from their dyno. They have never worked with Jaguars before. These guys know their Corvettes though!!! I will reach out to them again. I actually live in Plano so its not that long of a drive to their track. Is their track finished yet?

Old 06-14-2021, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VelocityAP Stage 1 Tune

Hey everyone - I’ve ordered the VAP tune and was wondering if it comes with clear instructions on how to download the OEM file and who to send it to (specific email address, etc.).

I’m also very interested in the crank pulley upgrade. Is this something that can be installed at a normal garage or would I need to find a performance shop?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2017JagXE
Hey everyone - I’ve ordered the VAP tune and was wondering if it comes with clear instructions on how to download the OEM file and who to send it to (specific email address, etc.).

I’m also very interested in the crank pulley upgrade. Is this something that can be installed at a normal garage or would I need to find a performance shop?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, very clear instructions.

Not, sure about the second of your questions, as I only purchased the tune, but when I inquired about the crank pulley the distributor recommended a garage in my city (Melbourne). I suspect that most garages could do it, but one with experience would probably be better.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:24 AM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

Stuart from VAP posted this for us about halfway through the thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...tructions.docx

If you posted the City you live in for us, you might get some recommendations for a qualified mechanic in your area. Also, there is a list of certified VAP installers on the VAP website.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by andrew0068
Yes, very clear instructions.

Not, sure about the second of your questions, as I only purchased the tune, but when I inquired about the crank pulley the distributor recommended a garage in my city (Melbourne). I suspect that most garages could do it, but one with experience would probably be better.
Thanks for the response. Are you still loving the tune?

Old 06-16-2021, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Austin7

If you posted the City you live in for us, you might get some recommendations for a qualified mechanic in your area. Also, there is a list of certified VAP installers on the VAP website.
Ah - this is very helpful. Thanks for the reply.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Austin7

Also - I live in Maryland, close to the Baltimore/DC area. Any info on a garage that could help with the crank pulley install would be appreciated.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2017JagXE
Thanks for the response. Are you still loving the tune?
Actually, I was waiting for the warranty to run out and have a final service before applying it. The final service is tomorrow. However, I love the XE S so much that I purchased an F-Type last week...Not sure yet, whether I'll keep the S. Probably, as in many ways, it's a better drive than the F-Type...

Old 06-17-2021, 09:37 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I Have installed the ECU upgrade and will get around to the pulley upgrade soon. My experience with just the tune has been very positive. You will really start to feel the improvement once you get into the triple digits. The pulley upgrade I believe will really boost your torque on takeoff.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Tune Question: My warrantee is almost up and i am considering a tune and maybe even a pulley, but i do intend to continue to use my Jaguar dealership for service. My understanding is that many of you reload the stock tune before you go in for service, but what do you do if you have the pulley changed as well? I have read where the pulley needs the tune to run well...

Old 07-10-2021, 12:59 PM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy1
Tune Question: My warrantee is almost up and i am considering a tune and maybe even a pulley, but i do intend to continue to use my Jaguar dealership for service. My understanding is that many of you reload the stock tune before you go in for service, but what do you do if you have the pulley changed as well? I have read where the pulley needs the tune to run well...
I had a water seal replaced under warranty, and the car still had the VAP tune loaded and was badged "Stage II" on the front and back when the dealer honored all repair costs. I also had the pulley installed with a different looking belt, and a really shinny 3 inch wide chrome air intake pipe screaming "I am a hotrod" greeting the techs when they opened the hood. I had no problems from the dealer at all. IMHO they wont care unless maybe they think your tune hurt the engine somehow. It wont, I've been running my pulley and tune for 30K Miles with only the water seal problem requiring repair...and that's not related to supercharger pressures as far as I know.
The precaution of reverting your tune to standard before dealer service is only needed if there is an official ECU update for the XE that the dealer would want to load to fix a problem, so far no ecu updates are needed for this series. This is in the USA.
If you want the power of the pulley and the tune, you may also want to consider getting a transmission tune to match, this makes the XE even more responsive to driver input, and holds gears a bit longer in deceleration. I like it, this car can be a beast.

Last edited by Austin7; 07-10-2021 at 01:08 PM.
OldGuy1 (07-10-2021)

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T