XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stwsam
I also have resonator delete. Find pops fine in non-dynamic mode but they do wake up the world in dynamic mode. How do you like the springs as they are on my radar?

what did you do for resonator delete? Been thinking about it.

Old 07-11-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Austin7
I had a water seal replaced under warranty, and the car still had the VAP tune loaded and was badged "Stage II" on the front and back when the dealer honored all repair costs. I also had the pulley installed with a different looking belt, and a really shinny 3 inch wide chrome air intake pipe screaming "I am a hotrod" greeting the techs when they opened the hood. I had no problems from the dealer at all. IMHO they wont care unless maybe they think your tune hurt the engine somehow. It wont, I've been running my pulley and tune for 30K Miles with only the water seal problem requiring repair...and that's not related to supercharger pressures as far as I know.
The precaution of reverting your tune to standard before dealer service is only needed if there is an official ECU update for the XE that the dealer would want to load to fix a problem, so far no ecu updates are needed for this series. This is in the USA.
If you want the power of the pulley and the tune, you may also want to consider getting a transmission tune to match, this makes the XE even more responsive to driver input, and holds gears a bit longer in deceleration. I like it, this car can be a beast.

ive been wondering about the tranny tune. Kind of worried it won’t hold up with the addition 120hp. 😬

Old 07-11-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
It depends on the version. Your XE will use a black OEM crank pulley, the XF would depend on the year. There are also differences on the belt lengths at certain VIN breaks. The best thing to do would be email us at info@velocityap.com with your order number and the info on your new XE and we can sort it out.

got my pulley installed yesterday! Waiting on my tune. But vivid racing seems to be giving me the incorrect velocity order number so I haven’t gotten my tune from you all yet..

So damn excited for it!

Old 07-12-2021, 11:12 AM
Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ricXE
ive been wondering about the tranny tune. Kind of worried it won’t hold up with the addition 120hp. 😬
The tranny tune gives higher clamping pressure and longer gearing when in the sport mode. In regular day to day driving you don't have to have it in sport, and your gearing is much more like stock. That being said, I drive my car in sport almost 24/7, ( switching it to regular mode as needed to get a gear change through the automatic), as one never knows when that power and acceleration will be "needed". I don't use the paddle shifters much, as the auto does a better/faster job running through the gears, especially after the tranny was tuned.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm getting the Velocity AP tune next week for the ingenium 2.0L. Not expecting huge numbers put I do like what I've read about torque increases. Currently have the TDI-Tuning plug in module which is a slightly noticeable difference. However their claim of 50HP is nonsense.

Old 02-08-2024, 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=Stwsam;2207273]
Originally Posted by 2017JagXE
Hey everyone - I purchased a 2017 XE 35T at the end of last year. I wanted to check and see if the protocol for the VelocityAP’s ECU flash was still the same - flash computer gets sent, upload the standard config, then upload VelocityAP’s tune config. I thought I read somewhere that the protocol had changed at some point but I can’t seem to find that thread anymore. Anyway, thanks for the help. Looking forward to 400+ HP[/QUOTE

i have 2018 Xe 3.5. The ecu is the discerning factor. If it is a flex ray ecu you will need the CMD interface which is a box you borrow from Vap. If you are near central pa in the USA we have one. Otherwise VAP sends and retrieves one working with you. Earlier non-flex ray ecu should work with the hand tuner that VAP would send with your tune. That is the nicest situation as you keep the tuner.

You can check your ecu easily. Open your hood and find the snap cover below the windshield on the right side of the car. This is the passenger side in the USA.
Remove the cover and with a flash lite you can see the ecu mounted on the fire wall. If the serial number has FR at the end, you have a flex ray ecu and you need the CMD box from VAP. If not you have the older non- flex ray you can use the hand held tuner VAP supplies that allows you to toggle from stock to tune and back. I am posting pics of your ecu location and a photo of my ecu showing FR suffix. With corona virus alert we are pretty much at home so this early Sunday morning with our church service cancelled, I thought I would spend a few extra minutes on this post thus the photos. Btw the tune will wake up your motor, the tune and crank pulley will allow provide neck snapping difference. The car becomes smoking quick!

Blue tape marks the ecu cover

Open cover

Serial number label under large wire loom

Ecu label serial number third row down. Look for FR at the end.
sorry to revive an old post, but I saw mention of being in central PA. I am in Williamsport, and looking for someone to help me with install of a VAP pulley and tune. I would have done it myself a few years ago, but have a disability that unfortunately prevents my hands from working well in tight spaces. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 04-14-2024, 11:14 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by atadaskew
Well I'm getting the Velocity AP tune next week for the ingenium 2.0L. Not expecting huge numbers put I do like what I've read about torque increases. Currently have the TDI-Tuning plug in module which is a slightly noticeable difference. However their claim of 50HP is nonsense.

Did u end up doing the tune for your 2.0? Just curious how it went.