XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

What HP/exhaust upgrades has everyone been doing? velocity AP or cheaper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by lifted.n.lowered
... especially when the market is extremely limited like XE tuning is.
Your XE shares engine with many other Jaguar and Land Rover cars. For example, your 35t has the same engine hardware as my F-type. You have different exhaust, maybe different gearbox tune, but the actual hardware is the same.

Now you know.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:47 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CSL
It's all about a balance between your desired gains, risk tolerance, and who can help you get there.
It sure is! And which manufacturers/vendors are willing to back their product. To be clear, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with VAP's tune or their products; I've never dealt with them and they seem to have an overwhelming amount of community support. I'm also not saying that I want to buy the cheapest mod options and take my chances. I'm just saying that risk, gains, and price are often dependent variables, but don't have to be.

Coming from and still living in the VAG world, I know that good, quality gains without risk (or with low risk) for a decent price is not only attainable, but reasonable. Jag is using Bosch ECUs with Motronic software for this platform, so my hope is that a savvy, ambitious, and competent VAG tuner can help optimize tuning options for this platform. Jag tax appears to be greater than VAG tax so far and I'd like to see that go down.

Originally Posted by SinF
Your XE shares engine with many other Jaguar and Land Rover cars...Now you know.
Yeah, I'm aware. Doesn't seem make the tuning market any larger. In fact, the f-type is probably one of the main reasons that XEs have a tuning option at all. I dig your location, btw.

I'm not arguing with anyone here, and I appreciate the good conversation (just being transparent since there's no emotion attached to texting, haha).