XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Wheel Removal or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wheel Removal or not?

Hey guys,
I am planning to plastidip my rims matte black and I am undecided on how to proceed. I like the idea of just doing it on the car but have some concerns spraying around the wheels and such and not getting the inside or wheels dipped completely. If I decide to remove the wheels does anyone recommend any floor jacks? I looked at few and they all seem too high to fit under the jag (I am not looking to spend hundreds of dollars for one). If I decide to do it with wheel on do you guys know of easy way to get the center caps out without the need to extra supplies? I Saw a guy pull them with some Velcro tape but I don't really want to stick them up with glue either.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:53 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
..... If I decide to do it with wheel on do you guys know of easy way to get the center caps out without the need to extra supplies? ......
Unless Jaguar have changed the design they've used for years on many models, the plastic wheel centre caps simply push out from behind

I've seen them removed without taking off the wheel using a valve grinding stick .....

..... but if you're taking the wheels off, this isn't necessary

Graham

Old 01-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what a weird gizmo never seen anything like that ! thanks