XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE Brake Light problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XE Brake Light problem

Hello there and thank you very much for this great Forum! It already helped me a lot but now i need some more information.

I just bought a beautiful white XE R-Sport 2.0 Diesel but today i realised that the right break light wont work. So i took the light out and wanted to change the bulbs but they were totally fine. So i took everything back together and i worked well for like 3 seconds. I figured out that there needs to be some kind of problem with the wires or the electric inside the unit. Is this a common issue and does everyone of you knows something about it and how to fix it?

Best regards and thank you in advance!

PS: please excuse my bad english, im from Germany.

The following users liked this post:
Sabrinaservicewriter (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 07:42 AM
Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Guten Morgen!
Wir haben auch das problem mit eine XE Jaguar.
Okay I realized after typing just that one sentence my German is way too rusty to continue in German. We have been having the same problem with one of our customer's Jaguar's. It seems that the type of bulb it requires is a 921 bulb-it is 12V and 16W. Our customer had the wrong bulb in so when we tested the bulb it worked fine but we figured out it was the wrong voltage and watts. There also is a possibility that the Body Control Module is not supplying the proper amount of power to the tail light. If that's the case, you may be able to pull power from the other tail light and force the BCM to supply power to both tail lights.

Also your English is great! I never would have known English was not your first language so way to go!
Sabrina