XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE interior quality and transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XE interior quality and transmission

Las Saturday I had test drive with Jaguar XE Prestige. I have to say I like this car a lot, but there are two things that I hate.

Somehow interior seems cheap to me. Most parts are just plastic or even glossy plastic. Somehow I did not expect that, even though I watched reviews and stuff, I still expected little more from interior. For an example interior seems cheeper in some parts than in some japan cars - ok that is my personal opinion.

Second thing, and maybe I am just wrong, dunno...I felt like transmission is just little to late with shifting gear. Car start's to be quite laud when he decided to switch up. I know it is ZF but somehow it feels and sounds little strange. Actually if someone drives like this with manual transmission I always think like: "Ok dude, use transmission!".

Dunno, correct me if I am wrong of course, but those are the only weaknesses I found.

But overall experience was just amazing and I am still strongly thinking about buying this car.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

I drove a "portfolio" which was very nice inside. I tend to be pretty fussy and I didn't see anything obviously cheap, there is a rubber pad in front of the shifter that I thought was odd then I figured it is to put your phone on. The R-sport interior is pretty good as well, though I'd want the leather option. I haven't seen a "prestige" but if it is the same as the RR Evoque in "pure" trim, I'd agree with what you have mentioned because I found that to be cheap looking.

With the transmission a few reviewers have made comments that it seems to hunt gears a bit, they have suggested putting it into dynamic or using paddles. I drove the 2.0T and the dealer had put it into dynamic mode, I didn't feel any issue at all.

The only other issue that affects me is the large turning circle. I didn't notice it in the test drive (and did a quick tight u turn which was fine) but the specs have it as having an 11.6m turning circle. Not enough to put me off the car because our v40T5 CC has the same turning circle, but 10.5m would have been much better for parking etc.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I drove a "portfolio" which was very nice inside. I tend to be pretty fussy and I didn't see anything obviously cheap, there is a rubber pad in front of the shifter that I thought was odd then I figured it is to put your phone on. The R-sport interior is pretty good as well, though I'd want the leather option. I haven't seen a "prestige" but if it is the same as the RR Evoque in "pure" trim, I'd agree with what you have mentioned because I found that to be cheap looking.

With the transmission a few reviewers have made comments that it seems to hunt gears a bit, they have suggested putting it into dynamic or using paddles. I drove the 2.0T and the dealer had put it into dynamic mode, I didn't feel any issue at all.

The only other issue that affects me is the large turning circle. I didn't notice it in the test drive (and did a quick tight u turn which was fine) but the specs have it as having an 11.6m turning circle. Not enough to put me off the car because our v40T5 CC has the same turning circle, but 10.5m would have been much better for parking etc.
Hmm, yes, that might be the case. I will try to take a look at portfolio as well this week and then I will decide. Well I actually know I will buy this car, but I still don't like that much plastic but ok I will survive.

As well I forgot to mention, that dashboard ceiling is also really cheep. If you try to move it up and down it will actually bend, because it is as well made of plastic.

Concerning parking, you're right of course, but I parked this car quite a loot in those 4 hours of test drive I had and it was still really nice.

And I just found really good review:

Last edited by Klemen OÅ¡laj; 10-20-2015 at 05:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (10-20-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 10:23 AM

Ok guys, I home someone can help me out here

I am about to buy a car in two weeks and it would probably be Jaguar XE, but I have second thoughts because of reasons mentioned above and as well lack of options which are clearly present in other competitive cars.

So my question is, if XE will also get InControl Apps Pro in future, because in this case I am prepared to wait till then and as well, will we ever see alcantara seats in any other model then XE S? I am not the biggest fan of leather, but seats in PURE model are just lame.

Last edited by Klemen OÅ¡laj; 10-24-2015 at 12:34 PM.