XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE S ordering questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting comments regarding door jamb water. So is this by design or are only some of the cars affected?

Old 06-14-2018, 06:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagman25
In the winter here in the MW it drives me nuts with all the salt that builds up, especially in the rear door jam.
The dirt that gets on to that rear door jam is unlike any car I have ever owned. I was all the door jams each time I wash the car, but on the XE you need to!

Old 06-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

The Jaguar options you’re exploring were almost all easy for us to select eventually, as soon as we stopped drooling (hard to do with such a promising looking car) and just made the choices.
I know many people like the idea of secondhand cars for the enormous cost they can save. But there is nothing more satisfying than knowing a car was MADE exclusively because you ordered it and authorized its existence. With every feature personally selected by you, for you.

If you order, the only options I consider “Must have” are:

LED headlamps. I have Zenons---brilliant and supreme, but not financially necessary. I have driven XFs, F-paces with halogen, and their halogens are barely adequate in NY. In California, you’ll be driving on a lot more unlit streets and roads than me---make sure you avoid the standard halogen, and have the LED headlamps. Jaguar’s LEDs are very effective.

Rear Camera,
and front-to-back Parking-Aid system. The bumpers of the car easily cost $1000.00 to repaint when scraped up. The system has already kept me from running over the neighbor’s cat, and saved me from being clipped by cross traffic15 times in one year. Its audio alarm helps you get the car perfectly spaced on the sidewalk to minimize the OTHER driver from touching you as he pulls out of his spot.

The suede may have come about because some owners object to killing animals for the real leather.
If you’re against using animals for their leather, go with the suede on principle. Suede (real or fake) will take more time to keep clean, and will collect human/pet smells over the three years you may own the car.
Suede may give your behind a better grip, and stop you from sliding over if you drive your car like Vin Deisel’s boys.

But the Leather in the XE is tight, firm, easier to keep odor-free over time, and super fast to clean with an inexpensive leather soap every month.
Unlike many cars, the XE has an enormous AC system that cools your interior in two minutes flat, regardless of the summer heat---sitting in leather or suede should not be the problem.

For this same AC reason, the heated front windscreen is NOT a must-have option. And if you have great eyesight, you will be annoyed by the twinkly grainy pattern the glass creates whenever outside lights shine in your face.

The velour padding strip around the door opening is entirely separate from your seats, and is a successful design feature that will be there whether you select suede or select leather. To keep the velour strip clean, you’ll have to use a lint brush.

The dirt and water that collect in the door jambs are not an issue---we just have to remember that because of where the rubber gasket around the door is the located, THAT part of the car is technically not part of the door jamb. It’s part of the car’s OUTSIDE surface that’s just not visible when the door panel is closed----and LOL, it has to be washed whenever you wash the car.

The following users liked this post:
anoop (06-14-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anoop,
Just joined this forum and am looking at your original question. I recently took delivery of a 2018 XE S similar to what you were looking to order. This is my wife's car and she is happy with base XE S which includes a of features optional on other models. The only option she wanted was the exterior metallic Yulong white. When you see it side by side with the standard Fuji white, it makes the Fuji white look like a Chevy work truck color.
She didn't want suede seats since they tend to get dirty easier. Seats are dark blue with black inserts. Inserts are perforated and stay cool in the summer and heat quickly in winter. Doors are black with dark blue inserts. Looks great.
I had a heated windshield on my last XF and never used it. Utah winters can be cold, but the car in garaged.
Dealer told us 3-4 months to order. It took almost 8 months from the time I put down deposit.
Dealer should give you a break on price. It is to the dealer's advantage to have you order, they don't have to have a car sitting in inventory for some unknown period. I got mine for $1000 over invoice.
She loves the car...

Old 07-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

^^ Yulong White ^^ is a nice color. I would take that over the Fuji on any JLR car it's offered on.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not Suede. It a synthetic material. Personally I'd opt for all leather since there's no up charge. Also I'd recommend you see the red in person.. I like red leather, Jaguars is too bright. Reminded me of a clown. If going Fuji white I'd for sure do the Black Package.

Originally Posted by anoop
Thanks. Do you have suede seats or regular leather? If suede, would having leather seats avoid the velour issue?

I was planning on just the base car with no additional options or packages, white exterior, red interior (I am thinking suede unless it is hard to keep clean), carbon fiber trim (is it worth $810? ).

I have heard a lot of negative things about the infotainment but hopefully they will keep improving it. I don't listen to music very much in the car, and I tend to use my phone for navigation, so as long as it pairs to bluetooth and I can stream music, make calls, and hear directions from the phone, I'm good there.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what was the result did you purchase the XE S ?
I have a 2018 XE S 380Hp AWD purchased September 2017 and love it.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mississauga
So what was the result did you purchase the XE S ?
I have a 2018 XE S 380Hp AWD purchased September 2017 and love it.
I did not. The local dealer was very hard to deal with and eventually I just gave up. A few months later I had a major health challenge and a bad back, so I ended up selling even my 328i and ended up getting a 2019 RDX in late 2018.

The XE S is an awesome drivers car, though.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for your response.
The RDX is a nice set of wheels. I have a friend in Calgary AB who has a 2020 model its his second one and he loves it.
That's unfortunate that your Jag dealer was so hard to deal with. Fortunately I had a different experience.
The supercharged offering was discontinued after 2018 in Canada and the XE as you may know has been discontinued in North America.
Think I will hang on to mine as long as I can enjoy it.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

deleted

Last edited by tferrari; 03-15-2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added to wrong thread