XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Yaw Rate Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yaw Rate Sensor

Hello,

I'm new here so at the beginning I'd like to say hello to everyone!

I have a problem with my jaguar becouse the airbag module is not communicating with yaw rate sensor. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find this sensor. Maybe some of you could give me a hint?

Thank you in advance

Old 10-29-2021, 06:18 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE (RCM)

The RCM is installed on top of the floor tunnel, under the floor console, and controls operation of the SRS. The main functions of the RCM include:
  • Crash detection and recording.
  • Airbags, pedestrian protection system and seatbelt pretensioners firing.
  • Self test and system monitoring, with status indication via the airbag warning indicator, and non volatile storage of fault information.
  • Supply of yaw rate and lateral acceleration data for the ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) control module.
The RCM determines which elements of the SRS are to be deployed by using two internal areas:
  • Crash severity evaluation.
  • Deployment handler.
Crash severity evaluation uses data from the RCM internal accelerometer, the front impact sensors and the seatbelt buckle switches. Based on this data, the RCM decides which level of airbag module deployment is required and forwards the information to the second area, the deployment handler.

The deployment handler evaluates the status of the seat position sensors, seatbelt buckle switches and the occupant classification system, before a final decision is made about which restraints should be deployed.

Data from the side impact and pressure sensors is used by the RCM in conjunction with acceleration data from the RCM internal accelerometer to make a deployment decision. The RCM processes the acceleration data and, subject to an impact being of high enough severity, decides whether the side airbag and air curtain should be deployed.

Yaw rate and lateral acceleration data for the ABS control module is derived from the internal accelerometer and transmitted on the High Speed (HS) Controller Area Network (CAN) chassis and powertrain buses.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your answer Are you sure that there is a yaw rate sensor in this module? I bought a second (used) electrician friend copied the memory (the processors did not move) but unfortunately I still have the same error ...: /