XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2016 Jag XF Cheapened!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jms515
Are these prices only available through dealer or are they available online ?
If I'm understanding your question correctly, the jaguarusa site only has MY16 pricing and configurations. The numbers I posted came from the MY17 pricing sheet that my dealer shared with me.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
That's why I waited for the new InControl Pro system. I'm a bit concerned about some of the problems with the system's UK rollout, but my fingers are crossed. And finally, I compromised on the luxury side. Again, it's amazing to me to think that a Jag does not have the most beautiful interior, but my guess is that you know what I mean if you compare your XF to your old XK.
It sounds like the XF you have on order will be a top notch car, I did enjoy my week with the XF but am VERY happy to have my XK back. The smooth power delivery of the 5 liter is intoxicating even if the SC 6 cylinder is capable of it's own thrill ride. Hell the exhaust note alone from my XK is worth every penny. That with being wrapped in luxury feels real nice!

Take care, good chatting with you, I hope the InControl Pro system gives you satisfying functionality.

The following users liked this post:
hinckley (05-08-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Even the 2016 glagship XJ is being cheapened. Can not get swedecloth headliner in the XJ anymore, only in the XJL. Unbelievable...............

Old 05-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by yidal8
Even the 2016 glagship XJ is being cheapened. Can not get swedecloth headliner in the XJ anymore, only in the XJL. Unbelievable...............
Looks like JLR is lavishing its attention on the Land Rovers at the expense of their poor Jaguar sibling. Even a lowly Disovery feels luxurious.

Sadly the word "Jaguar" no longer conjures up luxury.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by yidal8
But you can get it in the XF S instead of the morzine headliner. Everyone who gets in my car asks..is this suede? Sure looks nice. It is part of the luxury interior package as follows:

Luxury Interior upgrade Pack

This Pack consists of:
SPECIFICS

• Configurable Interior Mood Lighting
  • Premium Carpet Mats
  • Electric sunblind for rear windshield
  • Manual sunblinds for rear side windows
  • Four-zone climate control
  • Suedecloth Premium Headliner

Total $2,700

Here it seems the XJL is what is on the showroom floors and that is what made us look at the XF instead. The XJL is just too darned long for my tastes. Yes, with Land Rover and Jaguar being bed mates, many of the crossover features between the two seem to make one wonder just what they will do next.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Exactly my point, you can get it as option on XE, XF, F-Pace, F-Type, but can not get on the flagship XJ?
Yes, I have it on my XF now, and my previous 2 also.
And what's with the designation '35t' for the v6 XE and XF. What does 35t stand for? nobody knows. Motor is not 3.5 liter, and not Turbocharged. Just dumb again
They come up with some dandies

Last edited by yidal8; 05-11-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:53 PM

There are eight 20d models, four RWD and four AWD available as base, Premium, Prestige and R-Sport. The RWD models are priced at $48,445, $50,545, $55,195 and $59,295, respectively. AWD models are $3k more.

Brouge is available on the R-Sport models only.
Where did the S go? As I recall, the R-Sport has the 340HP engine and the S has the 380 HP.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Where did the S go? As I recall, the R-Sport has the 340HP engine and the S has the 380 HP.
It was a listing of prices for the new for MY17 4-cylinder diesel engines. There is no S model for the 20d's.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:47 PM

It was a listing of prices for the new for MY17 4-cylinder diesel engines. There is no S model for the 20d's.
Thanks. Considering the S is a sport model with the larger HP engine, it makes sense not to have a diesel with that designation.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:48 AM

I've noticed that some in the UK have "Portfolio" trim on their new XFs. That is a trim level that is not offered in the States. I notice on the UK configurator that Portfolio models have "Windsor" rather than "Taurus" leather seats and they have a leather topper for the dash. I'm presuming that this Portfolio trim looks and feels much more upscale. Is that correct? I can't help but wonder why it isn't available in the States. We tend to be much more open to pay for such things since cars are so much less expensive here.

Last edited by hinckley; 05-14-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:35 AM

I've noticed that some in the UK have "Portfolio" trim on their new XFs. That is a trim level that is not offered in the States. I notice on the UK configurator that Portfolio models have "Windsor" rather than "Taurus" leather seats and they have a leather topper for the dash. I'm presuming that this Portfolio trim looks and feels much more upscale. Is that correct? I can't help but wonder why it isn't available in the States. We tend to be much more open to pay for such things since cars are so much less expensive here.
I didn't find that but I did configure an XF on the UK site and it was almost 93K in USD. They have many of the options as separate items and unlike here, you can pick and choose what you want as individually rather than as package only.

The LED headlights we have as standard on the S is an option there. No gloss ebony veneer for the cabin, and strictly Taurus leather seating per the Jaguar site. I think the Portfolio is only on the XJ from what I find.

Here's the config I did for a reasonable comparison:
Build your XF - SUMMARY

Old 05-14-2016, 01:23 PM

I didn't find that but I did configure an XF on the UK site and it was almost 93K in USD.
Configure one of the diesel models. I know the Portfolio trim is available on the 6 cylinder diesel and at least some of the 4 cylinder diesels. Maybe they think that the "petrol S" is a sports car that doesn't need luxury accoutrements?

Remember that in Europe, prices include VAT, which I believe is 20% (!!!) in the UK.

btw, my fully loaded (including tech package) MY17 XF S has a sticker of over $82K . . .

Last edited by hinckley; 05-14-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:28 PM

Configure one of the diesel models. I know the Portfolio trim is available on the 6 cylinder diesel and at least some of the 4 cylinder diesels. Maybe they think that the "petrol S" is a sports car that doesn't need luxury accoutrements?

Remember that in Europe, prices include VAT, which I believe is 20% (!!!) in the UK.

btw, my fully loaded (including tech package) MY17 XF S has a sticker of over $82K . . .
I configured a 4 cylinder with the Portfolio and the only nice upgrade is the leather (had the Windsor leather in my LR HSE LUX where the leather comes with the LUX pack) but the 6 cylinder turbodiesel only comes up in the S edition and with Taurus leather only.

Strange in that the turbo diesel 6 cylinder S package you only get single tone leather while on the petrol supercharged 6 you can get two tone. I am also amazed at the individual option costs versus the packages we get here. a BASE S in the UK is $75240 in USD while here the BASE S is $62700 USD. And we get so many more "options" as standard equipment.

As far as VAT, the cost of a £67,000 ($96,200 USD) vehicle includes £11167 ($16,036 USD) in VAT! Whew!

Old 05-14-2016, 04:38 PM

I configured a 4 cylinder with the Portfolio and the only nice upgrade is the leather (had the Windsor leather in my LR HSE LUX where the leather comes with the LUX pack) but the 6 cylinder turbodiesel only comes up in the S edition and with Taurus leather only. Strange in that the turbo diesel 6 cylinder S package you only get single tone leather while on the petrol supercharged 6 you can get two tone.
Ya, it's hard to figure out what these companies are thinking when deciding on equipment levels from one market to the next. The upgraded leather with the leather dash would go a long way to dressing up the US XF though.

As far as VAT, the cost of a £67,000 ($96,200 USD) vehicle includes £11167 ($16,036 USD) in VAT! Whew!
Whew.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pkoko
The interior is still sub-par. I would buy the E-Class over it every day of the week
Then buy the E-class. Bye!

Old 05-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I am looking at my order details. The interior details are as follows (hopefully I get the abbreviations correct):

Jet Fascia/Jet Sport Seat Light Oyster stitching
Jet headliner
Jet Carpet 'S'
PVC Door Casing
Sport Seat (driver)
Jet/Jet Facia
Taurus Grain PU console
Taurus Grain Leatherette Facia
Taurus/PVC armrest with Stitch
Jet carpet
Jet Seatbelts
Light Oyster Stitching
Console Stitching/Light Oyster
Door Casing Stitching - Non constrast
Facia stitching - Light Oyster

I think for the average consumer that doesn't go on the internet and search forums wouldn't pick up the difference from 2016 and 2017 or even from the 1st generation.

My husband already has told me sometimes I read too much. Ha Ha.

Last edited by yntski; 05-24-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

A reviewer of the new XE noted that, "a Jaguar without wood feels like mash without the bangers."

And more than a few reviewers of the F-Pace have noted the sub-par interior ("for a Jaguar").

Ironically, just as people have a negative perception of Jaguar's unreliability, at the same time they have a positive perception of its wood-and-leather interior. Both perceptions have proven untenable today.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by tampamark
Well, that would explain the difference!

I don't know, my buddy had a '13 BMW 535, it was a hell of a great car! If I was in the market for a 4 door I am not sure which way I would go. Perhaps the biggest kicker in my book would be the fact that you see the 5 series on every corner, at least the Jag has curb appeal from the lesser visibility. That is just me though, I am sure there are just as many folks who desire to be in the majority crowd.

Let 's face it, there are the Lexus and Acura comfy car folks and then the Euro performance sedan types. The beauty of the Jag is that it offered such beautiful appointment and refinement with nice performance. I suppose since they haven't lit the world on fire they are trying to make a charge at the performance folks.
I had two BMW 5 series vehicles, 2010 and 2011 and they were both junk. Both traded in within 18 months of purchase. The electronics were horrible and failure was a regular issue. Dealer could not replace defective parts without factory authorization and sometimes that took a week or more. Defective battery took multiple visits to replace. Cars drove well but the new Jag exceeds all the handling and acceleration of the BMW's.

Once Tata took over the JLR lines they made significant quality improvements and had the sense that once an improvement was made in one line, to see how it could be incorporated in all lines. Reliability has been excellent across the entire line. We have or had 3 new Land Rovers (2013 and newer) and the 2016 Jag and could not be happier.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't know why they don't offer a Portfolio Package for this car...on a side note I saw that Caesium Blue is now an option.

Name:  E4F42766-2F8B-4773-A35C-BD1098A2BFCD.png
Views: 334
Size:  842.7 KB

Old 06-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
I don't know why they don't offer a Portfolio Package for this car...on a side note I saw that Caesium Blue is now an option.

Looks a lot more like Kyanite blue

Quick Reply: 2016 Jag XF Cheapened!