XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2016 Jaguar XF and iPhone 7 - problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Jaguar XF and iPhone 7 - problem

Hi,

I recently upgraded my phone to an iPhone 7. I've discovered though that it doesn't seem compatible with the xf. My previous iPhone 6 worked fine, and having borrowed one to test proven it still does - if ever a bit Slow and clunky (which was a real surprise after moving to jaguar from a 3 year old BMW which had no such problems!)...

Anyway, I digress. The iPhone 7 simply won't work connected via USB. Works fine for streaming via Bluetooth but when I connect it via USB it connects, starts playing audio and then within 20-30 seconds the audio freezes up and the jaguar system throws a wobble. From here on in the jaguar cannot detect the phone being disconnected (always says it's their but can't do anything with it). Only a reset of the system lets me try again but the result is the same every time.

Very annoying. As I like having the artwork and full library access to the iphones music collection that USB allows. Anyone had similar problems or have any suggestions ?

Old 12-31-2016, 03:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

Report the fault to Apple. They won't fix it if people don't tell them it's broken.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Turner
Hi,

Anyway, I digress. The iPhone 7 simply won't work connected via USB.

Very annoying. As I like having the artwork and full library access to the iphones music collection that USB allows. Anyone had similar problems or have any suggestions ?
I have an iPhone 7. Initially it wouldn't work properly so I unpaired it and tried again. Everything works fine now whether with bluetooth or usb. Maybe try the setup again?

Old 01-11-2017, 02:21 AM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Advice on phone connectivity is availabe through Jaguar Bluetooth Centre:

Vehicles - Jaguar

There's information on:

1. compatible phones
2. pairing procedure
3. features (limitations - what will and won't work)

The latest vehicle software version is also listed.

Graham