XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2017 on the way

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Stires
Not sure when mine was built but the dealer got it in early April and it is a 2016 XFR Sport with EVERY possible option including ICTP.
I am thinking that there is confusion. There are two types of infotainment systems. In Control Touch (8" screen) and In Control Touch Pro (10" screen). The ICTP (according to 2016 XF brochures) has late availability. Considering that it isn't even May of 2016 I think that when Jaguar starting installing the Infotainment systems they just started doing it for the 2017. Because of the problems in the UK with the ICTP Jaguar has delayed any orders being delivered to customers in the USA until they are confident that those issues have been resolved.

I for one would rather wait for the product to work as designed then be a beta tester and having to bring my brand new automobile in for service several times to get it corrected. I was one of those beta testers on my last vehicle purchase and it sucked all of the joy of a new car ownership out of my purchase.

I don't know if it is Jaguar telling dealers inaccurate information or dealers are passing it on to us consumers incorrectly. I just wish correct information is passed on and I would be a happy camper.

As it is I am going to my dealer tonight because I was invited to a party that Jaguar is putting on at my dealership. So maybe I can find out correct information.

I also have a PM in the "moderator" of this forum and she responded back that she has passed on my information to a Global representative and hopefully someone will get back in contact with me.

Last edited by yntski; 05-25-2016 at 01:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by yntski:
Magnumforc (05-25-2016), Thomas Stires (05-26-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

We all will be waiting for further word from you on this. The mystique in their manufacturing and shipping process is less than exhilarating for many.

Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
Porscheluxe (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
We all will be waiting for further word from you on this. The mystique in their manufacturing and shipping process is less than exhilarating for many.

Thank you!
I received a phone call from a representative in the Corporate office in NJ. She said that my particular order has been shipped and is "delayed for some reason" with a new date of August 8 (orginal date of 6/22) (then updated to 6/17-7/8).

She stated that this is all the information that she has and doesn't have access to further details and referred me to my dealer.

I called and explained everything to my dealer. As far as the sales rep is concerned we are still on track for the 6/17-7/8 delivery and even texted me the status from his computer screen (that was current as of 5/11).

He is going to investigate and as I said I am going to a Jaguar party tonight at the dealership and was told that a representative from Jaguar will be there.

As far as issues with the ICTP he stated that he has been delivering the ICTP in the XE and Pace and have had no issues whatsoever.

Last edited by yntski; 05-25-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yntski
I am thinking that there is confusion.
I think you're exactly correct. Some owners are confusing ICT and ICTP.

I received a phone call from a representative in the Corporate office in NJ. She said that my particular order has been shipped and is "delayed for some reason" with a new date of August 8 (orginal date of 6/22) (then updated to 6/17-7/8).
This would seem to be one more data point to support the rumor that delivery of MY17 XFs are on hold. We have a couple of members here that are expecting their MY17s this week or next. It'll be interesting to hear what they report over the next few days. And yes, I think the dealers are in the dark as well. Seems like that's always the case.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by hinckley
This would seem to be one more data point to support the rumor that delivery of MY17 XFs are on hold. We have a couple of members here that are expecting their MY17s this week or next. It'll be interesting to hear what they report over the next few days. And yes, I think the dealers are in the dark as well. Seems like that's always the case.
Maybe we should have a sticky on top with who ordered when, and when it's promised for delivery and when it is actually delivered.

Just heard from the dealer again, he says that the ETA from Jaguar's system still shows July 8th for my 2017 XF Sport.

He also mentioned that he just received a F-Pace two weeks earlier than promised.

He also said that he has sold several XE and F-Pace with the ICTP and no major issues have been reported.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Porscheluxe
Got a note in response to my When Can I Come Get It: Jaguar has pushed back the release date for 2017 XF's to July 8th.
Just heard from the dealer again, he says that the ETA from Jaguar's system still shows July 8th for my 2017 XF Sport.
More confirmation.

I had originally suspected ICTP for the delay, but I know that my dealer has sold F-Paces with the upgraded system, so the rationale must be something else.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No confusion. The care is a 2016 XFR Sport and has EVERY option including the IC Pro system with the 10.2" screen and virtual instrument cluster. MSRP was around $82K. Pro system is relatively fast and only issue I have encountered was the satellite radio system stopped working on my way home from the dealer (screen stayed on but no sound). After waiting several minutes I switched the source to FM which played normally and then back to satellite which started working again. I am sure there will be issues that future software updates will address.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:00 PM

More confirmation.

I had originally suspected ICTP for the delay, but I know that my dealer has sold F-Paces with the upgraded system, so the rationale must be something else.
I am starting to think that JLR wants to sell more of the 2016's before letting the 2017's on the road. Probably because if 2017's are available than that knocks down the value of the 2016's. Hence the reason that the dealers are kept in the dark as well.

All we can do is speculate at this time and let the rumors fly!!!

Old 05-25-2016, 04:03 PM

I am starting to think that JLR wants to sell more of the 2016's before letting the 2017's on the road. Probably because if 2017's are available than that knocks down the value of the 2016's. Hence the reason that the dealers are kept in the dark as well.

All we can do is speculate at this time and let the rumors fly!!!
Porsche was famous for the same thing in holding new model year cars at port until dealers could sell off current year model inventory.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:09 PM

Porsche was famous for the same thing in holding new model year cars at port until dealers could sell off current year model inventory.
Which could mean that we all may be waiting a while longer as it doesn't seem like the XF's are flying off the shelves.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:14 PM

Hey hinckley --

The virtual instrument cluster is nice and nearly identical to the ones in Land Rover if you have seen those. Only that one minor satellite issue with the car so far but I haven't driven it much as I am on business travel in CH. The system seems pretty responsive but I have had to press things more than once occasionally to get it to register (either the system was slow in responding and I was impatient or I didn't press hard enough). I really have no complaints thus far especially when compared to the horrendous IRIS 2 system in my 12C. This is my first Jag and replaced a Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (Ghibli had better exhaust an engine sound but I prefer the handling of the XF).

Old 05-25-2016, 05:02 PM

I really have no complaints thus far especially when compared to the horrendous IRIS 2 system in my 12C. This is my first Jag and replaced a Maserati Ghibli SQ4.
Wow, you ARE a bleeding edge guy. Ghibli and XF!!! Love the pic.

You may be one of the very few MY16 XFs with ICTP in this country. btw, if you haven't been told about it, Jag released a major ICTP patch about a week ago - Service Action K392.

Are you happy with the car and your decision?

Last edited by hinckley; 05-25-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:55 AM

From the short time I have driven it it seems like a great car. Once they work out some of the inevitable software bugs the ICTP will be an awesome system. The HUD is not as good as I have seen is some cars especially with regard to replicating navigation directions. Overall the Jag seems better constructed than the Ghibli and feels lighter. I read about the patch but it has been getting mixed reviews with some people claiming it made things worse and others noticing improvement. I am in no hurry to have the system updated until there are a few more revisions unless I experience significant issues. I would love to talk to the Jag engineer who decided to put the seat memory controls below and closer to the driver then the window controls though . . . .

Old 05-26-2016, 03:01 AM

Thomas, it's good to have another knowledgeable member on board.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:38 AM

So, I went the Premiere Party at my dealer for the XE and F-Pace. Didn't get any further information from them. But talking to another customer he told me to find out the vessels name. On the screen shot that my dealer sent me yesterday (in order to prove that my delivery date was 7/8/16), I figured it out to be Leo Leader. Searching online I was able to find out that the vessel just docked in the US this morning. I thought the location would be on the east coast, but if I am reading it correctly it is moored in Port Hueneme which is about an hour drive from my dealer. So it will be interesting when would it be available at my dealer. Who knows what JLR's logisitics are for delivering to the dealer.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:22 PM

So, I went the Premiere Party at my dealer for the XE and F-Pace. ---snip-- Who knows what JLR's logisitics are for delivering to the dealer.
My dealer told me my R-Sport, which supposedly arrived in what seems to be the same as your timeline, would remain in Jaguar's hands until very close to the alleged "July 8th or later" 2017 release date.

My pre-retirement life meant often appeasing clients when my suppliers' dates were overly optimistic. My dealer originally gave me an "end of April" date. Jaguar...

Old 05-26-2016, 12:35 PM

On the screen shot that my dealer sent me yesterday (in order to prove that my delivery date was 7/8/16), I figured it out to be Leo Leader.
Leo Leader left Southampton, England on May 6 and arrived at Port Huemene today. As Porscheluxe said, my guess is that JLR will hold the car until July 8. btw, from past experience tracking my cars across the Atlantic, I know that Port Huemene is where many European cars are dropped for west coast distribution.

Last edited by hinckley; 05-26-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

In March, my dealer had several (I personally saw three and drove one) XFs with the Pro system. On the lot. I bought the base radio but sharing that the Pro was available and on the lot in MY2016 in March.

Knowing what little I know about how cars are distributed (I am not an expert) I'm guessing my local dealer GM ordered a lot of the cars with the Pro system before other GMs did. Or, other dealers didn't want the upgraded inventory for their market?

Regardless, I hope y'all get your new cats soon. Fingers crossed for you!

Old 05-30-2016, 01:41 PM

Leo Leader left Southampton, England on May 6 and arrived at Port Huemene today. As Porscheluxe said, my guess is that JLR will hold the car until July 8. btw, from past experience tracking my cars across the Atlantic, I know that Port Huemene is where many European cars are dropped for west coast distribution.
And then it stopped in Long Beach and San Diego. Now it's on it's way to Tokyo. Like it's been said JLR will probably hold it. Does anyone know the procedures or time frame when the dealer would get possession of the vehicle under normal circumstances?

Old 05-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

No confusion. The care is a 2016 XFR Sport and has EVERY option including the IC Pro system with the 10.2" screen and virtual instrument cluster. MSRP was around $82K. Pro system is relatively fast and only issue I have encountered was the satellite radio system stopped working on my way home from the dealer (screen stayed on but no sound). After waiting several minutes I switched the source to FM which played normally and then back to satellite which started working again. I am sure there will be issues that future software updates will address.

Gorgeous car. Looks exactly like my XF-S's twin, right down to the 20" Venom blacks. Congrats and enjoy!.

Quick Reply: 2017 on the way