XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2020 Map Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023 | 08:07 AM
|
Default 2020 Map Update

Hello! I want to update the maps for in InControl Touch Pro nav system, as the currently installed version is from 2019. When I attempt to do so from the InControl screen, I'm instructed to visit the Jaguar website to download the map. When I visit the website and input my vin in the maps section, I'm told my connected vehicle will update from the navigation system. I've verified I have automatic updates set to download in the InControl nav settings, but they are not downloading. Is there a way to easily force an update? Thanks!

Old 09-03-2023 | 11:56 AM

The way I do this on my MY20 XE is to go to the www.jaguar.here.com website and login with the credentials I set up when the car was new.
As long as you have a valid subscription you can then download monthly updates for the Navigation system to a USB stick which you then insert in the USB socket in ther car to update the system
Since you have a 5 year warranty in the US, I guess you'll also automatically have a free 5 year subscription to the Navigation updates (my MY20 XE in the UK with its 3 year warranty has a free 3 year subscription).
I guess you may need to activate this if this wasn't done when the car was new.

Old 09-03-2023 | 01:51 PM
|

Originally Posted by chrisjp
The way I do this on my MY20 XE is to go to the www.jaguar.here.com website and login with the credentials I set up when the car was new.
As long as you have a valid subscription you can then download monthly updates for the Navigation system to a USB stick which you then insert in the USB socket in ther car to update the system
Since you have a 5 year warranty in the US, I guess you'll also automatically have a free 5 year subscription to the Navigation updates (my MY20 XE in the UK with its 3 year warranty has a free 3 year subscription).
I guess you may need to activate this if this wasn't done when the car was new.
I tried this, but received a message saying "you have a connected vehicle. Maps will download automatically" (paraphrasing).

Anyway, I just tried it again and there's a download link. I swear I'm not crazy, lol!

Old 09-03-2023 | 02:32 PM

It's good that a download link has now appeared.
As for downloading Nav maps automatically, I don't think Jaguar has ever had this facility. Prior to the USB stick method, Jags had an SD card for the maps and that had to be updated using a computer and then re-inserted into the socket in the car.
From around 2018, the Infotainment system software HAS been updateable over the air (at least in the UK). If the car has an operating SIM card, or can be linked to a WiFi source, then you are periodically offered a software update and just have to agree to it being installed. Until about 2020 this facility had to be initiated by a Dealership but from around 2020 cars came with it already initiated.
One thing about Nav updates using the USB stick - the cars do seem to be picky about the USB stick. It has to be at least 32GB capacity and formatted as FAT32 (not exFAT or NTFS which is all Microsoft Windows formatting offers. You need to use 3rd party software to do the formatting).
Even when these provisions have been met, sometimes the car will refuse to recognize a particular USB stick. The only remedy is to try another one!