XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Adblue puddle in battery compartment

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adblue puddle in battery compartment

Hi guys,
New here, trying to get the grips with the electrics on the car.
I'm wondering where the bcm module is located for the xf 260. 2016 model year. (Manual)​​​​​Currently changed from a flat battery to a new one and now and also adblue puddle in battery compartment, about 4 inches of it. Bcm module has now started going haywire and all sorts of gremlins are happening including no driver mode select and windows not working, rear child lock fault! Diagnostic pulls up 262 errors and nearly all points to BCM. I'm guessing it's behind a carpet somewhere in the front of the car.
i should mention, that these faults are intermittant, when mechanic does a diagnostic he gets all the bcm errors but when he does it again all those erroes are gone ? Bad earths maybe..Any help be appreciated.
Thanks Ian

Old 12-22-2023, 05:18 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

The BCM/GWM assembly is mounted on a bracket attached to the lower 'A' pillar on the passenger side of the vehicle. (see item 8):

It controls a lot of functions.

Graham

Old 12-22-2023, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
The BCM/GWM assembly is mounted on a bracket attached to the lower 'A' pillar on the passenger side of the vehicle. (see item 8):

It controls a lot of functions.

Graham
Thanks Graham, appreciate that. Gonna try and start diagnosing with my multimeter and start troubleshooting. Not even sure where to begin, probably will go from the boot to the front. If anyone has experience with issues regarding water / adblue in battery compartment and bcm issues, be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Cheers, Ian

Old 12-23-2023, 10:33 AM
GGG

Ian,

Your going to need Jaguar Diagnostics to make much progress with this. For years it was Jaguar SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics) but recent vehicles require the current Jaguar Pathfinder for this. SDD works on my 2014 XK but won't even recognise my 2017 F-Pace. I'm not sure whether SDD will work with your 2016 XF as this was round about the switchover.

As for the AdBlue in the battery compartment, the tank could have a leak ....... I'll anticipate your next question on location with this extract from the Workshop Manual.

Good luck.

Graham

Old 12-23-2023, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Ian,

Your going to need Jaguar Diagnostics to make much progress with this. For years it was Jaguar SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics) but recent vehicles require the current Jaguar Pathfinder for this. SDD works on my 2014 XK but won't even recognise my 2017 F-Pace. I'm not sure whether SDD will work with your 2016 XF as this was round about the switchover.

As for the AdBlue in the battery compartment, the tank could have a leak ....... I'll anticipate your next question on location with this extract from the Workshop Manual.

Good luck.

Graham
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the info and tips. Really appreciate it. Yeah the software diagnostics will be the tricky part. Jaguar in Dublin have quoted €645 plus vat for the bcm and €650 roughly for a 2 to 3 hour diagnostics investigation😬
I may have to use them but gonna try and exhaust other measures first. Really wish I had changed the battery before it went dead 😕
Thanks again

Old 12-24-2023, 05:16 PM
GGG

Jaguar Dealers love spending YOUR money on parts. You need to see the results of a diagnostic session (the actual codes) before agreeing to any module replacement.

Graham

Old 03-22-2024, 08:38 AM
Default Fixed: Adblue puddle in battery compartment.

Originally Posted by GGG
Jaguar Dealers love spending YOUR money on parts. You need to see the results of a diagnostic session (the actual codes) before agreeing to any module replacement.

Graham

Hi Graham,so wanted to provide an update.
finally got the issue sorted.
turned out the adblue had gone into the negative block connector just before the battery itself. It is attached with a screw. Looks like an earth point too. I dried up the boot and removed the condensation and then dried up the connect along with sanding down the screw which had corrosion on it. Once this was done and battery fully charged everything worked again ! Even got Jag to run their diagnostic on it and found no issues. Delighted to finally have it sorted. Only 4 months lost lol. Thanks for your help 👍