XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Anyone in the UK used this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:09 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 155 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Anyone in the UK used this yet?

I was reading about the partnership between Jag and Shell and thought this was kind of cool... It's not like it's all that much more convenient, but I think using the touchscreen to pay for gas is something I could get used to.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

It makes no difference in most peoples lives. At least in the states (actually all of the Americas) the technology is not at the gas pumps. Maybe later on down the road. It is a neat thing though. It personally would not make much of a difference for me.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

You still have to get out of the car to put a hose in the tank. As for the paying with the phone - I bet they'll implement apple pay or android pay at the pump way before proprietary app for the single chain

I already forgot how my card looks like - paying with the phone everywhere (ironically with the exception of the gas stations)

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:26 AM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 155 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ololly
You still have to get out of the car to put a hose in the tank. As for the paying with the phone - I bet they'll implement apple pay or android pay at the pump way before proprietary app for the single chain

I already forgot how my card looks like - paying with the phone everywhere (ironically with the exception of the gas stations)
Agreed about the Apple or Android pay, that'll likely become widespread in not too long. I haven't actually tried Apple Pay, as my 6S has been nothing but a source of frustration.