XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Apple CarPlay

Long story short, called the local dealership before the holiday to schedule some warranty work (my steering wheel came loose, thank you warranty) and I asked if they had a software update for the infotainment had been going sideways recently (still does) the service tech on the phone let it slip that Apple CarPlay may be the new infotainment update and that's why it's been so delayed.

When pressed at pick up about that my rep just looked blank at me...like he had no clue and didn't know how to even answer the question.

So my question is - does anyone have some insider information on this? Is this a thing?

Old 01-17-2019, 06:58 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MeowMeow
Long story short, called the local dealership before the holiday to schedule some warranty work (my steering wheel came loose, thank you warranty) and I asked if they had a software update for the infotainment had been going sideways recently (still does) the service tech on the phone let it slip that Apple CarPlay may be the new infotainment update and that's why it's been so delayed.

When pressed at pick up about that my rep just looked blank at me...like he had no clue and didn't know how to even answer the question.

So my question is - does anyone have some insider information on this? Is this a thing?
This would be nice, but I bet the current electronics and hardware do not support Apple Play. Jag electronics has always been behind the times. My wife's 2018 X3 has Apple Play and a vastly more polished and speedy system. It is light years ahead of my 2017 Jag.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:09 AM
RGT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say display goes sideways, are you talking about that momentary shift of the entire display and then it flickers back to normal?

Old 01-18-2019, 06:41 PM

Sideways just being short hand for not working properly when it's supposed too.

Example - plugged in, Jag Apps running and yet Spotify isn't working or all my contacts aren't there...close it out, reopen and then it all works.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I’m sure you would have the answer by now but just in case my recent upgrade to the software gave me Apple Carplay

Old 03-04-2019, 05:22 PM

Serious?

All I got was three little icons the digital display in the bottom right corner...light up green to red depending on throttle, braking, etc

Old 03-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I believe in the US, to use Apple Car Play or Android Auto, you must purchase the optional $300 smartphone package. I think this package started being offered on 2019 models.

The InControl Pro, bluetooth connectivity and navigation worked well on my 2017 until about 3 months ago. The touchscreen became very slow to respond and frustrating, sometimes taking as long as 2 minutes to respond to input. I also started having issues with connecting my iPhone. I made an appointment and my dealer updated the car to the latest software available last week. What a difference! The instrument display is improved, and the center display is completely different, clearer and improved in every way. It feels like I just took delivery of a new car again.

Under connectivity settings, there is a menu for Apple and Android setup in the newest software. Since I do not have the smartphone package, I can only use the InControl apps, as before.