XF (X260) 2015 onwards

EGR Valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 05:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation EGR Valve

Hi. I'm looking for advice please on a fault I've been told by the local garage relates to the EGR valve. The car is a early 2013 plate XF 2.2. Over the last 6 weeks a "Performance Restricted" warning light has appeared twice. The warning light has come on (though gone off) after driving around 5 miles with only discernible difference being a lack of acceleration whilst the warning light is on. Like may others I imagine I haven't being doing much mileage over the last few months and have barely been on a motorway though I have driven around 50 miles twice without the warning light coming on. The local garage (not a Jaguar dealership but a garage I trust) did test the car around 1 month ago and detailed their report as follows: "Read fault codes and data, fault codes in engine management system relating to EGR valve, to clear fault codes and reset adaptations. Carry out extended road test and rescan, no fault codes returned. Advice customer to try and if fault returns will require further investigation and probable replacement EGR valve to rectify". The garage tested the car on 9th March and the warning light has been off until 6th April when it re-appeared until the end of that journey. The warning light has not re-appeared since.

Grateful for a any input please, especially around if the EGR valve is likely to need to be replaced or if the intermittent fault might be due to something else.

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2021, 06:41 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This forum is for the XF X260 (2015 onwards) model, you may find more advice on this issue in the X250 section.
For what it's worth I had EGR issues on a 2.2 engine in a previously owned Mondeo - it was replaced under warranty but thought to be due to using supermarket fuel. I stopped using it and the issue never returned in the next 50k miles before I sold it on.

Old 04-17-2021, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nicktee55
This forum is for the XF X260 (2015 onwards) model, you may find more advice on this issue in the X250 section.
For what it's worth I had EGR issues on a 2.2 engine in a previously owned Mondeo - it was replaced under warranty but thought to be due to using supermarket fuel. I stopped using it and the issue never returned in the next 50k miles before I sold it on.
Thanks for the response Nicktee, much appreciated. I'll re-start the thread in the correct forum. The thought about not using supermarket fuel (which I almost always do) is interesting and well worth a try. Cheers!