XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Electrical issue with rear quarter window

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 07:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical issue with rear quarter window

Hello, how are you? I taught my wife how to close the rear windows on her 2005 XK8 convertible with a jumper, because she wanted to drive with the top down. The one I savaged together had very short pins from a sacrificial fuse, so she had to poke around under the relay connector with the exposed ends of a spare wire.

She tried jump the driver side rear left window and with the relay still connected accidentally touched one of the correct wires with a wrong wire under the ready connector. Now there appears to be no power going to that connector. I tried to find the fuse, but I could not find the rear widow listed on the fuse diagrams.

It's possible I overlook it. I need your guidance to raise her window, could you guys point me to the correct diagram and the physical location of the correct fuse box please. I removed every fuse in the trunk one at a time and the last 5A fuse on the bottom right was blown.

After replacing the fuse I tried to jump the window shut. I do it by removing the relay, turning the connector upside down, and touching a wire between the white stripe green wire and the white striped brown wire. Usually there are sparks and noises, but now nothing is happening.

I learned to do this from the forum following instructors similar to WhiteXKR's on this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-closed-71304/ except that I jump from the bottom due to my limitations.

Prior to hunting for blown fuses I had raised the right window the way mentioned above. After having no luck on the trunk I went hunting in the left driver side fuse box for more blown fuses hoping it would be for the left rear window. After pulling every single one it appeared all were in good condition.

A 10A fuse, which was sandwiched in between a 5A and 25A on the left side caused the right rear window to lower when it was inserted. I then proceeded to the right passenger fuse box and i only inspected 5A and 10A fuses, all of which appear fine.

Them I tried to raise both windows again, one at a time. The left doesn't move or even spark. The right sparked, as I expect it to, and raised, also as expected. My wife had to drive the car and the right window spontaneously lowered mid drive.

The soft top was replaced last year by a local upholstery shop and because of a malfunction with the hydraulics we had never even attempted to open it manually until recently. I can not find the roof linkages, i have felt and pushed and I can't feel then. I suspect they were removed during the soft top replacement and left out.

Maybe the issue isn't with a fuse, please help me troubleshoot her rear window. I can take a multimeter to the connector, provide pictures, anything that will help. we desperately need to close those. We're about to enter the rainy season here in Guam and we don't have a garage.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was able to locate the fuse box diagram from browsing other threads at http://jagrepair.com/images/Electric...eLocations.pdf

The fuse number 1 is for rear quarter windows raise/lower relays in the luggage compartment fuse box. I have replaced the 5A fuse, however, the left window sill remains fully open.

What could be done to get it to close? In any case, thank you and may you have a wonderful day.