XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Error Lights After Battery Change

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Error Lights After Battery Change

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in this forum. My car is XF / 2016 / 2.0D

There were many error lights then I changed the battery but the error lights are still there.

How can I fix it.

Many thanks.

Thanks.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello:
I don't have the answer to your question, this is my first car that is completely controlled by computers and experiences like yours are my worst fear.
Knowing nothing about these things I suggest you disconnect your battery, wait 10 minutes and then reconnect it. That might clear it up.
2nd, get a code reader, or someone with a code reader (under $100 at any auto parts store) and see what it says, and use it to reset the codes.
3rd, I had some question about my car and I went to the Jaguar factory website, found a service phone number and there was an intelligent fellow who gave me good advice. He tried to look up my records but my name is too common and I just asked him my question and skipped that formality.

I am disappointed that no one else has offered a better answer for your question.

Do report back on how this problem is resolved. It could happen to any of us.

P. Smith

Old 05-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

What made you think the warnings would disappear by just changing the battery ? Have you been taking advice already from somewhere else ?

I think your best action would be to get the codes read and then cleared. Whilst a low voltage from a duff battery may have caused them, some codes are not cleared automatically when the voltage gets back to its correct value, so need to be cleared with the scanner tool.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
What made you think the warnings would disappear by just changing the battery ? Have you been taking advice already from somewhere else ?

I think your best action would be to get the codes read and then cleared. Whilst a low voltage from a duff battery may have caused them, some codes are not cleared automatically when the voltage gets back to its correct value, so need to be cleared with the scanner tool.
I had a battery check 4 months ago, and they said it was pretty weak.

After the warning lights came on, I did a research on the internet and thought it was due to the battery.

Services are not working due to lockdown on the UK. I will go to a service as soon as the lockdown ends.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by CarsonCitySmith
Hello:
I don't have the answer to your question, this is my first car that is completely controlled by computers and experiences like yours are my worst fear.
Knowing nothing about these things I suggest you disconnect your battery, wait 10 minutes and then reconnect it. That might clear it up.
2nd, get a code reader, or someone with a code reader (under $100 at any auto parts store) and see what it says, and use it to reset the codes.
3rd, I had some question about my car and I went to the Jaguar factory website, found a service phone number and there was an intelligent fellow who gave me good advice. He tried to look up my records but my name is too common and I just asked him my question and skipped that formality.

I am disappointed that no one else has offered a better answer for your question.

Do report back on how this problem is resolved. It could happen to any of us.

P. Smith
Hi Mr. Smith,
Thank for your reply.
I have got a OBDII reader but couldn't find an error code.
I want ask a question for your advise, If I disconnect battery for 10 mins, do I need a type(radio) code?
Many thanks.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Yusuf Islam
Hi Mr. Smith,
Thank for your reply.
I have got a OBDII reader but couldn't find an error code.
I want ask a question for your advise, If I disconnect battery for 10 mins, do I need a type(radio) code?
Many thanks.

I have no idea about the radio. That is the least of your problems.
P.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:17 PM

Thank you very much for your messages.

I went to a local garage. We checked with the computer and found that the speed sensor issue.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

The wheel detector is easily cured by replacing the transmitter on the hub, they are not too expensive. However it is probably best to swap over the left and righ transmitters and check that the fault moves with the transmitter flagged as defective. If it does, then a simple swap-out is the next step. Sometimes the fault is caused by dirt on the reluctor ring on the hub, so check for dirt as well. I had to do this with my first X350.

What is probably best to do now is clear off the codes and see what ones come back with the new battery now installed.

Last edited by Fraser Mitchell; 06-19-2020 at 06:13 AM.