XF (X260) 2015 onwards

First post

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post

Hi all,
Had my fully loaded XF-S for 4 years now and bought it new. Overall no issues over the last 50K miles, aside from some bent rims that happened over some potholes. It is time to change the brakes so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to buy? Also, some of my interior buttons have lost the black top cover and I was wondering if anyone had a parts catalog so I could replace them with new one.
Thanks all. -warren

Old 08-19-2022, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,892 Posts

Nice looking car and glad to hear it's been a good one too! Try to put complete car info in, such as year?
Can you post some pictures of your damage? We have a lot of posts on sticky buttons but you seem to be losing the entire coating?
You will need a couple of more posts before your allowed to post pictures but it really helps nail down your problem if you can.

Brakes are a huge subject so no real answer just a lot of choices. I personally run CF pads from Porterfield because of the large amount of dusting from the factory pads.
If interested go here and see if they offer them for your model.

Porterfield CF Pads

Old 08-29-2022, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Nice looking car and glad to hear it's been a good one too! Try to put complete car info in, such as year?
Can you post some pictures of your damage? We have a lot of posts on sticky buttons but you seem to be losing the entire coating?
You will need a couple of more posts before your allowed to post pictures but it really helps nail down your problem if you can.

Brakes are a huge subject so no real answer just a lot of choices. I personally run CF pads from Porterfield because of the large amount of dusting from the factory pads.
If interested go here and see if they offer them for your model.

Porterfield CF Pads
Hi thanks for the response. Yes the coating on the button seems to have come off. Its only two buttons so far. I will check the site for the brake.