XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Google Assistant integration for JLR

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 03:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Google Assistant integration for JLR

Hey guys,

I wanted to share something cool and useful I had done a couple months ago for my Jaguar. If you have a Google Home or use Google Assistant on your phone and are interested in becoming a secret agent man, read on.

The result of what I did is that I can tell my Google Assistant (I use Google Homes throughout my house) to start, stop, lock, unlock, get various status things, and other less useful things. I say: "Hey Google, start the Jag" and after about 30 seconds, my car has started (locked) with my preferred temperature set. Same with the other commands but those respond more quickly.

I found the Jaguar app to be terrible and clunky and this makes the connectivity of the car much more useful for me. I think this is very impressive for company and I find it super useful for the Atlanta summers. It also ameliorates some of the issues with how long bluetooth takes to connect to my phone so usually the music is playing by the time I get in. If you don't want to use Google Assistant, you can also just run python scripts from your PC to do the same.

I think this is cool but not sure if any others do. If other people are interested, I can make a tutorial for how to do it. You will need your Jaguar Remote email and password and Google Home. Also uses a service called Wayscript trigger which you'll need an account with.

Dhruv

The following 2 users liked this post by Dhruv Vishwakarma:
F1Virginia (07-23-2020), Motorcity XF (07-23-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am interested in more information on this for my 2019 I-Pace

Old 12-03-2020, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to get the scripts from you?

Hi Dhruv, could I get the scripts you used/a quick “how to” for this? I have a 2020 LectriCat (I-Pace). I came from a BMW i3 that had google home integration... I miss having it on the new car. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dhruv Vishwakarma
Hey guys,

I wanted to share something cool and useful I had done a couple months ago for my Jaguar. If you have a Google Home or use Google Assistant on your phone and are interested in becoming a secret agent man, read on.

The result of what I did is that I can tell my Google Assistant (I use Google Homes throughout my house) to start, stop, lock, unlock, get various status things, and other less useful things. I say: "Hey Google, start the Jag" and after about 30 seconds, my car has started (locked) with my preferred temperature set. Same with the other commands but those respond more quickly.

I found the Jaguar app to be terrible and clunky and this makes the connectivity of the car much more useful for me. I think this is very impressive for company and I find it super useful for the Atlanta summers. It also ameliorates some of the issues with how long bluetooth takes to connect to my phone so usually the music is playing by the time I get in. If you don't want to use Google Assistant, you can also just run python scripts from your PC to do the same.

I think this is cool but not sure if any others do. If other people are interested, I can make a tutorial for how to do it. You will need your Jaguar Remote email and password and Google Home. Also uses a service called Wayscript trigger which you'll need an account with.

Dhruv

Old 12-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

please share the intel

Old 03-01-2021, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy all. If you are interested, I actually have both Alexa and Google assistant skills. The only thing you need to do is login and off you go. No scripts/configuration of any kind. Any problems, you can message me on here or check out our support forum.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:58 AM

I forgot to say, I have over 2500 users as of today, so the service is pretty stable and bugs get squashed rapidly, new features come from community driven requests and we support all Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, including EVs!

Old 03-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberChr1sJag
I forgot to say, I have over 2500 users as of today, so the service is pretty stable and bugs get squashed rapidly, new features come from community driven requests and we support all Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, including EVs!
This idea intrigues me, as I have not had much success with the Jaguar Remote software any version actually starting my car on a reliable basis. What is involved?

Old 03-03-2021, 02:42 PM

If you are a Google user, simply Google for "Google Assistant Remote for Jaguar". You should find it a few links down. All of my stuff is branded under "GreyMan Software. For Alexa, it's the same procedure, but just Google for "Alexa Remote for Jaguar".

Once on either of those pages, just follow the on screen prompts. Eventually you'll hit my sign in page. Use your InControl credentials for this, ensuring the PIN code is correct. Then, you can query away by saying "Ok Google, ask Jaguar Remote to start the car" or "Alexa, ask Jaguar Remote to start the car".

With Google, it'll ask you to confirm your pin verbally. This is a requirement of Google and not something I have imposed

Any problems, you know where to find me!