XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Help: Water Ingress into Boot

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Water Ingress into Boot

Hi all

I have a 2016 x260 Jaguar XF.

Over recent months I have started to find water ingress into the boot space, collecting underneath the battery. I removed the bung which has allowed water to drain out but it continues to collect on rainy days.

I have pulled back the liner surrounding the boot, and cannot see any obvious location for water to enter (I can see no water droplets on metal surfaces on the inside of the car’s shell).

All my Google searches return results for issues with the x250 model, and I’d really rather avoid removing the rear bumper and rear lights unless I know the issue is definitely in that location.

Has anyone has any similar experience or can point to other discussions elsewhere on the issue?

Any input would be appreciated.

(I’ve recently had intermittent issues with all speakers in the car doors which I figure could be related so it needs resolved sooner rather than later)

Old 01-14-2021, 06:55 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

I would star and remove all the liners in the trunk( which sounds like you did) and then run a hose down the back glass, from the roof and check for leaks. Start by either climbing in the trunk and closing or if you have fold down rear seats crawl in there with a flashlight and try to find the leak that way. It can be tedious and time consuming but you should be able to locate the area of the leak.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rummy636
I would star and remove all the liners in the trunk( which sounds like you did) and then run a hose down the back glass, from the roof and check for leaks. Start by either climbing in the trunk and closing or if you have fold down rear seats crawl in there with a flashlight and try to find the leak that way. It can be tedious and time consuming but you should be able to locate the area of the leak.
Thanks for the reply. I pulled back the lining but didn't remove the liners. Didn't appear to be the easiest process to remove them completely, but as you say most likely the best option.

I don't have fold back seats (such is life) so it'll be a cramped job!