XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Jaguar F 2012 63,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 04:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar F 2012 63,000 miles

I had posted before about the 2012 XS about the head gasket well finally got in the trunk. What a nightmare. I did the test with the turkey baster thing the purple fluid I read it wrong about 15 minutes shut it off let it cool, and then I stuck it in the overflow and sucked up the air and, the food did not turn yellow and I was really happy about that but I think the batteries no good because it was sitting after I shut it off had no juice to start again. I know the alternator is good because I just put it in six months ago. Cleaning up and down now the wipers and headlights won’t shut off and I’m pretty sure when you jump these cars maybe other cars too that **** like this happened so I’m gonna take the battery out of my other 2012 portfolio XL and put it in this car and see if I can start it up and scan it and try to clear the codes for the wipers and the headlights because I’m ready to sell it this week cheap too and I wanna cry Because I’m selling it wholesale there is not worth a lot. But I have no choice. I need the money. I’m on disability retirement and it sucks. And I’ll tell you how I got in the trunk I tried everything. The key didn’t work in the back. I tried to get power to on the passenger side fuse box that didn’t work. I tried to take the backseat out couldn’t get that out. Well, Aaa came and he had a jump box, but it had a lighter attachment. He put it in the lighter and the car . I went through hell trying to get in the trunk today. I put everything back together except under the glove gun department. I took all that out to get that Nephew box and it was online said there’s a bolt that you can hook the cables up to it and get power, but that didn’t work, didn’t hold onto it. I finally got it to stay and it didn’t do nothing. I’m almost done. I’m gonna clean it up and everything and I’m gonna scan it and see if I can get the lights and windshield wipers to stop what a nightmare I think sometimes I shouldn’t even get a car because of the money it cost in Connecticut taxes, high registration fees insurance they wouldn’t even ensure the car I had insurance on it full coverage for only 170 months where I have a clean record I’m in my 60s when I went to drop me I wanted full coverage. It was over $500. I almost died so I got liability so I could at least, that’s for me but thank you. If you got any suggestions about the lights and wipers I appreciate it. God bless you guys and take care. John.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:53 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi John, you're in the X260 forum for 2015 models onwards, there is an X250 forum on this site for your model.
Good luck with sorting your problems.

Old 03-20-2024, 11:39 AM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I'm afraid I can't make head nor tail of this posting. Not sure if it's about head gaskets, purple fluid, food turning yellow, wipers & headlights not turning off or what!

Old 03-20-2024, 11:50 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisjp
Maybe it's just me but I'm afraid I can't make head nor tail of this posting. Not sure if it's about head gaskets, purple fluid, food turning yellow, wipers &headlights not turning off or what!
I
Me neither! 😆