XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Jaguar XF infotainment system boot loop

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023 | 02:01 PM
|
Default Jaguar XF infotainment system boot loop

Hi there,

I recently purchased a used 2017 RSport XF 3.0 Diesel. I bought it at a dealership in Germany and then when I was on my way back to the UK the infotainment system began to shut down. It just went blank and then rebooted. There seems to be no pattern to when it does this and for how long, sometimes it starts right back up , other times it remains blank for a minute or two.

I took it to my local garage at home and they could find no problems at all with battery or alternator and now there's also a crazy waiting list at Jaguar even to get a diagnosis. Can anyone help ? Has anyone had the same problem?
Thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2023 | 11:53 AM

My Wifes XF did that randomly sometimes after we had it about a year. Since the battery was old and we were seeing the "low battery please start engine" message every once in a while, (she has a less than 10 minute commute to work), we got a new battery, and it stopped doing both of those things. Very sensitive to low battery. Maybe it would help in your situation.

The following users liked this post:
2018XF25T (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023 | 05:09 PM
|

Originally Posted by Vistacom1
My Wifes XF did that randomly sometimes after we had it about a year. Since the battery was old and we were seeing the "low battery please start engine" message every once in a while, (she has a less than 10 minute commute to work), we got a new battery, and it stopped doing both of those things. Very sensitive to low battery. Maybe it would help in your situation.
Hi thanks for your reply,

You know what, today I had an auto-electrician look at it, spent hours with him using different diagnostic techniques and tools on different modules like bluetooth etc and he also feels it's the battery. I'm buying a new one tomorrow first thing.

Shall post back and let you know how it went.

Old 07-26-2023 | 05:58 AM
|

So I have changed the battery and no change yet but the auto electrician told me that he first needs to connect to the car with the computer and tell the car that it has a new battery. This could indeed force the car to create a new power management routine and no longer be in this defensive mode where it's shutting everything down. I drove it during the night for the first time two days ago and it is also dimming the headlights, not switching on auto lights and stop start is disabled. All of these things are pointing again to power and to battery since the ECU told us during diagnosis that the alternator is charging the battery just fine.