XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Jaguar XF X260 Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 03:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jaguar XF X260 Modifications

Hi to all, I would like to open this post to gather all the relative information about accessing the ECU and ECM to read/change parameters of the car.

I've heard that, like in other cars, its possible to connect to the ECU/ECM with a cable and a software, read all the parameters and see which ones are enabled/disabled or which values they have. Like for example, in several Ford cars you can change ECU parameters to increase some hp or connect to the ECM and enable, for example, GPS functionality. I mean, when you buy a car usually all the functions are there but they are disabled if you didnt pay for them, not all, but a few, let's say for example, play movies and not only mp3 files if you didnt pay for the Media feature, or enable more Climate functions and so on.

Does someone have experience with that?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:41 AM
jbn
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

See my answer to your other query. Jaguar do not sell cars with options simply disabled in software - you may be disappointed if you are expecting to enable all kinds of bells and whistles that were not factory-fitted.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for your answers.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbn
See my answer to your other query. Jaguar do not sell cars with options simply disabled in software - you may be disappointed if you are expecting to enable all kinds of bells and whistles that were not factory-fitted.
That means that if I don't have the In Control Apps, I can't simply upgrade the software?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:06 AM
jbn
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Correct, InControl Apps requires special hardware to have been factory fitted. I have no idea if any form of retrofit is possible but I very much suspect not.