XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Jaguar XF X260 - One side DRL not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jaguar XF X260 - One side DRL not working

Hello everyone, Need guidance from you all.

I own a Jaguar XF X260 Diesel in the UK. Lately, I've noticed that my left side daytime running light (DRL) isn't working when I shift the car from Park (P) to Drive (D). Oddly enough, when I unlock the car, both DRLs work fine, but once I shift the gearbox to Drive, one of the left side DRLs goes off. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Old 03-13-2024, 09:52 AM
Default No Reply

Hi all, please someone who knows the issue can assist me ?
or
if someone knows where is Body control module/Control junction box located on X260 UK spec? I tried locating at drivers footwell however there is nothing there.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-13-2024, 11:12 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums Parth,

The X260 Workshop Manual indicates the BCM/GWM assembly is in the LH footwell (see item 7):

This fault is extremely unlikely to be caused by anything as simple as a loose connection. The only systematic way to troubleshoot the issue is by scanning for relevant DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). You don't mention the year of your vehicle so I can't tell if this would require the old SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics) or the current JLR Pathfinder diasgnostics.

As you have bypassed the usual courtesy of posting an Intro, please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started on the forum.

Graham

Old 03-13-2024, 12:23 PM
Default Year of make 2016

Thank you GGG. Apologies for bypassing the intro, I have now rectified it by introducing myself and update my profile by inserting year of make.

btw I tried checking today with OBD 2 Scanner, but it did not have me any error codes there.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 02:11 PM
GGG

The BCM/GWM stores fault codes which can be retrieved using JLR diagnostics. A generic scantool will read the standard powertrain (Pxxxx) codes but these BCM/GWM manufacturer defined codes require dealer level diagnostics.

Left and right lighting circuits are separately protected. Power feed to the BCM/GWM left and right lighting circuits respectively are each protected by a 60 Amp fusible links in the BJB. All exterior lighting circuits are protected by Field Effect Transistors (FETs), located in the BCM/GWM, which can detect overloads and short circuits. On a normal circuit this would cause the fuse to blow but the FETs respond to the heat increase by disconnecting the supply to the affected circuit. When the fault is rectified or the FET has cooled, the FET will reset and operate the circuit normally. If the fault persists the FET will cycle, disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply.

If ther was a fuse blown by the DRL fault, it would be a lot easier to trace as the evidence would be there permanently but because the FETs reset it's almost impossible without compatible diagnostics.

Graham

Old 03-14-2024, 04:48 AM

Ok. Thank you.
I assumed I should be able to self-serve myself but looks more complicated than that.

I will book in for a check with dealer next week.

thanks again. 👍🏻

Old 03-14-2024, 06:02 AM
GGG

You could be into three figures just for a diagnostics session and they'd just love to sell you a new BCM for around 500 UKP. Make sure the Service Manager understands it's your rules and not his.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Parth (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 06:15 AM

Oh my…..
thanks for the heads up about that.

1. Is there a possibility that this issue can be resolved without changing the BCM, or is that the only solution as suggested by the dealer (if that's indeed their recommendation)?

2. do you recommend any good dealers near london area ?

I was thinking to go “Harrow Service Centre” as they are near my area and they seem to be qualified independent.

thanks