XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Mice blocking up the heater, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019 | 06:25 PM
|
Default Mice blocking up the heater, need help!

My gfs car is a 2015 xf 3.0 and mice love it, a month ago the heater matrix had to be fully replaced due to mice nests and acorns... luckily insurance picked up the 2k bill... now theres mice crap on top the engine... my question is where is the inlet for the heater so i can stop these things from getting up there and doing this again... ive tried hours of searching and cannot find any info on this subject and where the inlets are...i need to fab up a 'screen cover' on these inlets... thank you very much. Any pictures of this inlet it greatly appreciated!
Nick

Old 04-08-2019 | 02:56 AM
GGG

Welcome to the forum Nick.

I've removed your duplicate of this post from General Tech Help. This is the correct place to post technical questions about your model.

The inlet to the heater should be covered with a pollen filter. On my XK this is in the engine compartment and easily accessible but I understand from this thread that finding the equivalent on the X260 is more of an adventure:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...filter-184986/

See post #19 at the end of the thread for information on the location. This should be the only point of access to the heater system and you may have to cover it with a mesh to stop mice chewing through it.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 04-11-2019 | 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Mothballs and dryer sheets will keep mice away. You also need to be concerned about mice chewing up wire harness. So take this issue seriously. Maybe even look into critter-proofing your garage.