XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Modding Inquiries

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Modding Inquiries

Hello everyone, Im just looking for suggestions on what to do to my 2016 XF R Sport 35t being as i still have a valid warranty. I just picked it up with only 200 miles on it from the dealership back in june, now im at 7000 . Anyways, ive done tints (20% all around), im looking the intake tube upgrade from mina (https://www.minagallery.com/jaguar-x...take-tube-kit/). Definitely a set of black wheels, havent decided yet but im most likely gonna pick up a set from fitment industries (probably these https://www.fitmentindustries.com/bu...-axis-19x85-38) Id like to black out the trim around the grille (Tape off and DIY or replace it??) and im debating on just unbolting the 2 rear mufflers and slapping them back on god forbid i have to go to the dealership. Also debating on getting a dyno tune (yes i know it voids me) so i can get some power and my tuner also said he could do some burbles and pops with just the stock exhaust for $1000. If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or disclaimers they want to share, please, feel free lol. Anyways, hope everyones doing well during these times and thanks for reading.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:31 PM
CSL
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Jamis,

Glad to see you're out there driving it!

XE 35t owner here so everything I recommend should also apply to your car-- for power you can do a couple of things that the community considers relatively safe:
-VAP Tune (which you can flash yourself) to get you around 400-415bhp.
-Add VAP Crank Pulley to bring it up to around 450bhp. Both of these options include burbles.

It technically would void warranty if JLR/dealership wanted to give you a hard time. In my case, my local dealership has not given me any issues. YMMV.

I have the Mina Gallery intake tube kit and it looks better than stock plus it seems to add a bit of additional intake induction/supercharger whine. Bigger sound difference would be achieved by their cone filter setup from what I can tell, though I haven't seen how that might affect intake air temps.

The cheapest way to black out the grille and trim is to just vinyl wrap through a shop or DIY. If you mess up or don't like it just take it off.