XF (X260) 2015 onwards

My XF stalled out after a cold start

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My XF stalled out after a cold start

I own a 2011 Jaguar XF with the supercharged engine. One morning one as leaving for work and the car started but stalled immediately, I could not get the vehicle to start after. I took my other vehicle to work that day and when I got home the Jaguar started right up so I didn't give it any more thought. A few weeks later I go to the beach with my family and after a stop for lunch it did it again. Stalled right out when I started the engine. After allowing the car to sit for about 2 hours while we enjoyed the beach it started right up again.
I drove home and began troubleshooting the issue. No codes present to mention and good pressure from the fuel pump. I tried everything I could think of then I decided to check the fuel pump again. I removed the rear seat and gained access to the top of the fuel tankmfrom the passenger rear side. The fuel flange sits under a large round grommet. When I unplugged the flange the center two prongs on the flange were burnt.
I ordered a new flange and fuel pump from Jaguar of Fort Meyers, Florida. Spoke to Coach there (Great guy and very helpful) they had what I needed in stock and I swapped them both out. It was pretty easy and took me about 45 minutes.
car started right up and one significant difference is it is much more responsive when I step on the gas pedal now. On higher end rpm`s it is more stable and no popping from the exhaust when revved while in neutral.

sharing just in case you have a similar issue. Cost me less than $600 To do it myself. Afraid to ask what it would have cost if I tool it in.