XF (X260) 2015 onwards

MY17 XF InControl Touch Pro/Wi-Fi headache

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 06:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default MY17 XF InControl Touch Pro/Wi-Fi headache

Hi, new the this page so I'm hoping someone can help me out with advice on couple of little issues I'm having with an x260 Jaguar XF that I just bought. It has the InControl Touch Pro System, with Android auto/apple car play but no sim card port (the centre console panel has 2 USB's an HDMI and a power outlet) When I unlock my car, my phone picks up a wifi network called "JAGY41104" (my VIN ends in 41104 so it's definitely coming from the car) the network has a password and I've been right through all the documentation that came with the car and there is no mention of a password anywhere, there are also no wifi settings in the infotainment system, so my first question is, what is the network for if I can't access it, and is there any way of finding out out what the password is? My second question relates to the software on the system, mine currently has version S18C_18.34.5-213496. I've been to my local dealer about getting the latest version but they pretty much fobbed me off and told me it wasn't necessary....is this true? I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the local dealer and I can't access the cars wifi so I can't update it myself, is there anyone other than Jaguar that has the capacity to do the system update?
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated... I also apologise for the long message.

Cheers

Old 02-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Not sure if there is much difference from US models, but the WIFi is probably hotspot for vehicle. That can be found in the connections tab under settings. As far as the version, that is definitely old. If you complain about bluetooth issues or something, they should be updating to latest software to start. The software updates normally fix issues.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

The infotainment system software is currently as S20C1..... so the S18C version is definitely out of date by at least 2 versions.
With a SIM card installed it's possible to get updates direct to the car over the cellphone network but I see your XF doesn't have a SIM card slot. So I guess it is a dealer job to update the software and it is definitely wrong to say the update isn't necessary. Some dealers are more clued up about these updates than others so it might be worth trying another dealer. If the car is still in the warranty period the update should be free.

The following users liked this post:
MikeyMike80 (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rummy636
Not sure if there is much difference from US models, but the WIFi is probably hotspot for vehicle. That can be found in the connections tab under settings. As far as the version, that is definitely old. If you complain about bluetooth issues or something, they should be updating to latest software to start. The software updates normally fix issues.

The thing is though, there are no wi-fi settings, I have noticed that on Jaguars own website, under the updates section, it says in version release notes for v19B "vehicle systems that were previously unable to connect to wifi for wireless software updates can now do so"

If I'm reading that correctly, it would indicate that for whatever reason, some cars didn't have access to the wifi/wifi settings for whatever reason....which would explain why mine has no menu option, but definitely has a wifi module putting out a signal.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by chrisjp
The infotainment system software is currently as S20C1..... so the S18C version is definitely out of date by at least 2 versions.
With a SIM card installed it's possible to get updates direct to the car over the cellphone network but I see your XF doesn't have a SIM card slot. So I guess it is a dealer job to update the software and it is definitely wrong to say the update isn't necessary. Some dealers are more clued up about these updates than others so it might be worth trying another dealer. If the car is still in the warranty period the update should be free.
No warranty unfortunately, but that's not a problem, I have no issue what so ever in paying for it, it's just that they apparently flat out don't want to do it....I've called three dealers now, and they've all advised against it.

The closest I got was with one dealer who said they would only do it if there was an issue with the system....so I may have to tell a little white lie, its the only way I can think of to get them to do something.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the replies by the way guys.

Much appreciated, it's pretty frustrating knowing that there are updates available, with new or improved features, but Jaguar AU seem completely unwilling to assist.

Last edited by MikeyMike80; 02-08-2021 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Comment posted twice