XF (X260) 2015 onwards

New reversing camera replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New reversing camera replacement

Hi!

Had to replace reversing camera, since my old one died.

After replacement, SDD tells me that IPMB configuration missed (not programmed). Error code - U201A-51 IPMB [J_14229_DTC_U201A]
SDD suggested me to configure existing module, but i had no luck. It's saying i need to use different part number camera. ("Module suited to this vehicle is not supported anymore")

Currently, this brand new camera installed to my car and it's working fine (except there is no projections and it doesn't cut line when too close to the objects).
Part Number that was on old one - gx63-19g590-bd and on new one - hx63-19g590-bd

I wasn't able to find camera looking by old code: it's too expensive or you have to wait forever

So, my question is - is there a way to make it work properly (projection lines, cut line etc) by re-programming somehow IPMB? Or any other ideas?

Thank you!

Old 01-10-2022, 08:24 PM
Received 169 Likes on 143 Posts

The reverse camera installed on your vehicle will operate or will last for the life of your vehicle. Inside the camera are solid state electronics & a lens. Did you still have your old one? It can be cleaned & fixed for possible pin corrosion inside.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 01-10-2022 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:14 AM
Received 298 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Necromant1k
Hi!

Had to replace reversing camera, since my old one died.

After replacement, SDD tells me that IPMB configuration missed (not programmed). Error code - U201A-51 IPMB [J_14229_DTC_U201A]
SDD suggested me to configure existing module, but i had no luck. It's saying i need to use different part number camera. ("Module suited to this vehicle is not supported anymore")

Currently, this brand new camera installed to my car and it's working fine (except there is no projections and it doesn't cut line when too close to the objects).
Part Number that was on old one - gx63-19g590-bd and on new one - hx63-19g590-bd

I wasn't able to find camera looking by old code: it's too expensive or you have to wait forever

So, my question is - is there a way to make it work properly (projection lines, cut line etc) by re-programming somehow IPMB? Or any other ideas?

Thank you!
Necroman,

GX63 vs HX63 is engineering part number (EPN) speak for parts developed for a different model years. If consistent with FoMoCo (likely) it indicates 2016 and 2017, respectively.
Usually, the EPN would remain unchanged from year to year and model to model unless there is functional change.
The functional change may or may not allow some form of part interchange, as you have seen.

The SDD program includes "qualifiers" such as VIN, make, model, etc. that allow or deny (associate) vehicles with engineering part numbers.
Sometimes, EPN may indicate different programming for the same hardware. If so, can we change the software? Maybe.
Our electronic control modules (ECM) include several layers of programming: primary boot loader, secondary boot loader and functional program.
The primary boot loader is inherent to the component at manufacture. The secondary boot loader is loaded by SDD to facilitate loading of the functional program.

SDD associates vehicle, part numbers and software to facilitate module programming with appropriate software. The correct functional software program is necessary for the module to work together with other ECMs in the vehicle.

One possible way to use alternate EPN modules would be to edit SDD/qualifiers to allow the alternative.

I am investigating this approach in an effort to enable X250 Blind Spot Monitors for use in the X150 XK/R.

best regards,
Bill

PS: CAUTION: if SDD "fails to resolve" any part number, as shown in your photo above, hit CANCEL. Do NOT load. Affected modules will become inoperative and may be very difficult to recover.