XF (X260) 2015 onwards

New Sportbrake Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Sportbrake Owner

Hey, all. I just picked up a Sportbrake recently. It's a 2018 with 26k miles. I traded in my 2005 DB9 which was great, but I wanted something more practical that still had a "cool" factor. I may get a newer DB9 later on. I did have a couple of questions - Does anyone know if removing the resonators will void the warranty? I bought this non-CPO from a non-Jaguar dealer. They said that there is still 37 months of warranty left based on the initial sale date of the car. Is there anything special that has to be done for the remainder of the initial warranty to transfer to me?

Old 08-30-2021, 05:51 PM
Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Congrats on your Sportbrake. Go to your Jaguar dealer, and make sure the recalls are updated. I bought my 2018 XF last Feb that came in with only one Key Fob. I immediately went to a local Jaguar dealer here in Houston and bought a new secondary Key Fob + programming. Once there, the service advisor told me there is a recall needs to be done. It is for a "Variable Camshaft Timing Solenoid." What really did bothered me was, my XF was always Jaguar dealer serviced in Hollywood, California according to CarFax and for some reason they missed this recall. Jaguar dealer only charged me for "Shop Charge for Repair Order" = $26.98 and that's it. About warranty voided by a Jaguar non-approved part or an after market, or modification I don't know if it will. Someone recently asked about what specifics that void a warranty and a member gave a link. It was probably a month ago. Do a search on that on this forum

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 08-30-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Ryan. I have the same car with the black package and really like it. Wondering how it feels coming from an Aston, as I feel that the XF-S lacks refinement - though it makes up for it in playfulness. Hopefully you have a good dealership nearby for service, they should be able to answer all warranty questions.
good luck
Jared

Old 09-03-2021, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
Congrats on your Sportbrake. Go to your Jaguar dealer, and make sure the recalls are updated. I bought my 2018 XF last Feb that came in with only one Key Fob. I immediately went to a local Jaguar dealer here in Houston and bought a new secondary Key Fob + programming. Once there, the service advisor told me there is a recall needs to be done. It is for a "Variable Camshaft Timing Solenoid." What really did bothered me was, my XF was always Jaguar dealer serviced in Hollywood, California according to CarFax and for some reason they missed this recall. Jaguar dealer only charged me for "Shop Charge for Repair Order" = $26.98 and that's it. About warranty voided by a Jaguar non-approved part or an after market, or modification I don't know if it will. Someone recently asked about what specifics that void a warranty and a member gave a link. It was probably a month ago. Do a search on that on this forum
Thanks. I've been trying to get all of the service records and apparently I have to contact each dealer the car was serviced at, which seems odd.

Originally Posted by Mr_Persnickety
Congrats Ryan. I have the same car with the black package and really like it. Wondering how it feels coming from an Aston, as I feel that the XF-S lacks refinement - though it makes up for it in playfulness. Hopefully you have a good dealership nearby for service, they should be able to answer all warranty questions.
good luck
Jared
Thanks. The Aston was more refined in some ways. The V12 was very smooth with effortless torque and felt more refined than the SC V6 in the Jag. The ride quality in the Jag is better, but I'm comparing a 2 year old car to a 16 year old car.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:18 AM
Received 137 Likes on 74 Posts

Welcome Sportbrake friend! Normally i'd tell any new SB owner to get used to people noticing you and talking about the car. But if you are coming from an Aston then you already know.

I replied to your other thread on the resonator already - but I wouldnt see it causing too many issues. For some, the resonator delete isnt enough noise change. So maybe consider deleting the rears as well, or replacing them with something different on conjunction with the res-delete. Wagon will have a bit more drone than our sedan counterparts though so just be mindful.