XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Roof Crossbars for the XF SportBrake

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:17 PM
Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Roof Crossbars for the XF SportBrake

I found that the THULE Fit Kit for the F-Pace fits the SportBrake roof rails perfectly, in fact it even says so on the box, although the Thule USA site just says there's Nothing that fits it. I sent an email to Thule to let them know their site is incorrect. Thankfully, Rack Attack knew right away to check the F-Pace box for fitment and sure enough it does.
I love the look of the low-profile fit and the slightly extended bars vs. the Bars that I almost bought, these aren't bad, but I like the Thule fit a little better - Jag CrossBars
Hope this helps someone out:

Thule Evo Wingbars 47" length

Thule Podium Fit Kit 4075 (104075)

Thule 460R Rapid Podium Fix Point Footer (100460R)

Last edited by JagWire_5280; 07-29-2019 at 10:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JaguarJack12 (08-08-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 01:56 PM
RGT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JagWire_5280
I found that the THULE Fit Kit for the F-Pace fits the SportBrake roof rails perfectly, in fact it even says so on the box, although the Thule USA site just says there's Nothing that fits it. I sent an email to Thule to let them know their site is incorrect. Thankfully, Rack Attack knew right away to check the F-Pace box for fitment and sure enough it does.
I love the look of the low-profile fit and the slightly extended bars vs. the Bars that I almost bought, these aren't bad, but I like the Thule fit a little better - Jag CrossBars
Hope this helps someone out:

Thule Evo Wingbars 47" length

Thule Podium Fit Kit 4075 (104075)

Thule 460R Rapid Podium Fix Point Footer (100460R)

I went with the Jag stock bars via dealer, and 1st time around he ordered the wrong ones for XF sedan, totally different mounts. 2nd time got the right ones. I like that stock bars don't stick out past the mount edges.

What made you go aftermarket?

Old 08-04-2019, 06:16 PM

I definitely thought about the Factory bars or the AeroBlade Edge where they don't stick out further past the edge. I mainly went with Thule for the matching locks, now I have 16 matching locks, 4 for the bars on the Jag, 4 for cross bars on another car, 2 for bike racks, 2 for a Thule Atlantis roof box and 4 for a ski rack. Makes it easy to only have to have 1 key for all.
I wanted to be able to use the full range of the bar when needed, say for using a bike rack and a cargo box, or ski rack and bike racks on each side, not losing the 6 - 8" of space like you would with factory or the AeroBlade Edge bars

The WingBar allows use all the way to the edge or even on the far outside of the bar

Last edited by JagWire_5280; 08-05-2019 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Sp
The following users liked this post:
RGT (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Very Helpful!!

Thanks!

JJ

Old 08-08-2019, 06:58 PM
RGT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JagWire_5280
I definitely thought about the Factory bars or the AeroBlade Edge where they don't stick out further past the edge. I mainly went with Thule for the matching locks, now I have 16 matching locks, 4 for the bars on the Jag, 4 for cross bars on another car, 2 for bike racks, 2 for a Thule Atlantis roof box and 4 for a ski rack. Makes it easy to only have to have 1 key for all.
I wanted to be able to use the full range of the bar when needed, say for using a bike rack and a cargo box, or ski rack and bike racks on each side, not losing the 6 - 8" of space like you would with factory or the AeroBlade Edge bars

The WingBar allows use all the way
Thank you, appreciate the info.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Jagwire - Thanks again for doing the research. I ended up getting the Aeroblade and the XT Alpine box to keep the salt off our skis. Might need to do a little fine tune adjustments to the alignment, but the setup looks pretty slick. Also ended up getting the Conti Viking Contact for the snow tires discussed in a different thread -- not disappointed there either.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:45 AM

That setup looks great, love the red and black. Will be interested to hear a long-term review of the Viking Contact snow tires, I'm sure they're excellent tires.
I still haven't seen another SportBrake in Denver in the 6 months I've had mine now, you will probably never see another red one, such a cool color especially with the black wheels and black package

Old 08-04-2020, 11:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Update after more use?

Originally Posted by JaguarJack12
Jagwire - Thanks again for doing the research. I ended up getting the Aeroblade and the XT Alpine box to keep the salt off our skis. Might need to do a little fine tune adjustments to the alignment, but the setup looks pretty slick. Also ended up getting the Conti Viking Contact for the snow tires discussed in a different thread -- not disappointed there either.
I'm wondering if you're still enjoying this setup? I'm considering strongly the same Aerobars with the Thule Vector M.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:50 AM

Setup has been great overall - Easy to install, low wind noise, great capacity. Only minor complaint is how far forward I need to mount it on the track to allow for rear hatch clearance. Looks like the Vector has a more aggressive angle at the rear which might alleviate some of the clearance issues but may sacrifice some storage capacity.

While I'm at it, might as well provide an update on the tire game too -- The Viking Contacts surpassed my expectation. Just as capable as the Blizzack, but at a lower price point. Tread wear was nominal over ~5k miles. Picked up Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires, which have also been incredible - worth every penny.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BrakeforBrekky
I'm wondering if you're still enjoying this setup? I'm considering strongly the same Aerobars with the Thule Vector M.
Here's another option I really didn't consider, or even know about, when I bought my THULE set-up. This is interesting because you can easily take the SeaSucker on and off, not that the THULE isn't easy to remove.