XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Second Jag is a SPORTBRAKE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts
Default Second Jag is a SPORTBRAKE!

I saw one, loved it.... did some research and, after some haggling, now am the proud owner of a 2018 Sportbrake.
What's interesting is the little Jag things that are the same as (or different than) the XKR. To offer the most baffling example, both engines lack a dipstick, but-- in the xkr, its a lot easier to access the electronic readout.

Anyway, three quick questions though I'm sure I'll have more:
- it's nuts how much those rear seat headrests limit the rearview visibility. I have figured out how to fold them down, but is it possible to remove them entirely?
- reading through the manual, I see that the car has a luggage cover (?). There is not one in my car. Was this standard on these cars, or is this an option?
- has anyone replaced the wood insert trim pieces? I think the dark grey ones are much more handsome and I can't imagine it's that hard to swap out the ones in the car now.

Thanks!

Last edited by pk4144; 10-10-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, it's a great car. If you don't mind airing these things publicly, would like to know how much you paid, how many miles, what options and where you bought it.
Thanks,
Jared

Old 10-14-2021, 09:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't tried removing the rear headrests or changing out the wood (check ebay for different wood trims), but I believe that the rear cover was standard (again, check ebay first).

Old 10-15-2021, 07:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!

I believe that it should have come with the retractable "cargo cover". I test drove three Sportbrakes before purchasing mine and they all had it "installed". The one I bought did not. I got in touch with the original owner and he explained that it had been broken and he didn't take the time to argue with the dealer about having it replaced. Who knows? I use the rear space with the seats folded down a lot so I wouldn't have it in there much since it's right in the way in that configuration. I plan on tinting the windows which should help with privacy a bit, too. If you really want one they are still available from JLR dealers but they're pricey (IMO) for what they are, e.g., https://parts.jaguarcary.com/oem-par...er-t2h37642amt

I have not bothered with rear headrest removal or trim replacement.

Old 10-16-2021, 12:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I just looked at the rear headrests. I couldn't remove them but noticed the button on the side to fold them forward which does help a bit with visibility on the corners.

Old 10-21-2021, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by middleagebottlerocket
I just looked at the rear headrests. I couldn't remove them but noticed the button on the side to fold them forward which does help a bit with visibility on the corners.
It IS possible though I haven't done it yet. Took some digging, but found the answer on an XJ forum, if memory serves. There is a push-in tab on the outside of the door-side collar (that the steel bar slides into). That allows the headrest to slide up and down, BUT.... there is a second tab that is accessible underneath the push-in tab. You slide a screwdriver underneath it and press while pressing the button you used to tilt the rest forward on the side of the headrest itself. You do both of those simultaneously and then pull upwards kind of hard. Apparently it is best a two-person job.

The following users liked this post:
middleagebottlerocket (10-22-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by middleagebottlerocket
Congrats!

I believe that it should have come with the retractable "cargo cover". I test drove three Sportbrakes before purchasing mine and they all had it "installed". The one I bought did not. I got in touch with the original owner and he explained that it had been broken and he didn't take the time to argue with the dealer about having it replaced. Who knows? I use the rear space with the seats folded down a lot so I wouldn't have it in there much since it's right in the way in that configuration. I plan on tinting the windows which should help with privacy a bit, too. If you really want one they are still available from JLR dealers but they're pricey (IMO) for what they are, e.g., https://parts.jaguarcary.com/oem-par...er-t2h37642amt

I have not bothered with rear headrest removal or trim replacement.
Dealership actually had two sportbrakes for sale and the salesman got me one in the other Sportbrake. Score!

The following users liked this post:
middleagebottlerocket (10-22-2021)