XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Sunglasses holder

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sunglasses holder

Hi all,

I got my 2024 XF last week, in the overhead console there is a jet black blanking plate where the salesman told me was a sunglasses holder. I have noticed online that I maybe able to buy this part but for a 2023. I assume that it would be the same part, and I assume the overhead console will just unclip. Has anyone removed the overhead console can confirm this is easy to do and does anyone have the sunglasses holder that can confirm this. I will take a picture of the overhead console when I can but at the moment the car is being ceramic coated so I do not have it available.

I will order the part as it was a low price so worth doing anyway to find out if I can get it.

Thanks

James

Old 05-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

You have been fortunate to source a new MY24 XF - especially in the US. Jag stopped taking orders for XEs and XFs in January this year, and have stopped making both at the Castle Bromwich, UK factory.
Regarding the lack of sunglass holder, yes, this has been missing from both XFs and XEs made over the last year or so.
On another forum (www.xeforums.co.uk) there has been quite a correspondence about sourcing a sunglass holder and fitting it instead of the blanking plate. Apparently it's quite an easy job. Searching for "sunglass holder" on this forum should bring it up.
As for why Jag stopped fitting it to new cars.....who knows? It can't be to save money because the blanking plate will cost almost as much. Perhaps they just wanted to annoy new customers!

Old 05-09-2024, 04:26 PM

@chrisjp
This is very helpful I found some videos that give me the help I specifically wanted. Thank you. I did take a picture of the overhead console this morning so here it is.

I have the parts on order so I will do an after picture (hopefully) once it is done.

Here in the US new cars are brought differently than they are at home. Here it is common to buy a new car off the dealer lot (kinda like a used car at home) and driven home the same day as the number plate comes in the mail after. I never actually brought a new car at home so can only go by what my parents went through when they brought new cars where they custom ordered their new vehicle. I assume in this case that Jag have filled their order books and are no longer taking new orders but as mine was the last in a few hundred miles like how I wanted then I had to jump on it and I have been happy so far.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:41 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Personally I dont use the sunglass holder because my lenses were ruined by the heat.
I'm in Adelaide and it gets very hot.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:48 PM

I live in San Jose and it can get very hot here like in the 40's during summer but I have never had that issue, the frames on my rayban aviators can get very hot however. I also think the blanking plate just looks a little odd being a different color.

The parts are on the way so we will see. I am hoping they are lined with a felt type materials.

Over the weekend I installed my Guidepoint tracker and dashcam both of which were nice and easy.

James

Old 05-14-2024, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 349 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by JPGale
....The parts are on the way so we will see. I am hoping they are lined with a felt type materials....
Mine is lined with a soft, smooth, sponge like material. I keep my night driving glasses there. I usually wear my sunglasses while driving. One note ..... sometimes when I go to open the sun glass holder it only opens partially and gets stuck on the glasses frame. Pushing a credit card through the rear opening releases it.