Last edited by Whoismootoo; 11-14-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-19-2019, 03:01 PM
RGT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2018 XF Sportbrake

Old 01-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Stuart - 2016 XF-S

Any idea on the pricing structure you think you need?

Old 01-06-2020, 11:46 PM
Sponsor
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by MeowMeow
I'm in Stuart - 2016 XF-S

Any idea on the pricing structure you think you need?
We probably need to have this in a similar range to our FPace systems - around $1300.

You're the closest to us so far, in Portland. Is there any chance of getting your car or exhaust parts up to our shop?

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-15-2020, 09:11 PM

Hey Stuart - how far up in BC are you? I do biz in BC, normally fly but could drive once maybe.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:23 PM
Sponsor

Hey Stuart - how far up in BC are you? I do biz in BC, normally fly but could drive once maybe.
We are in Oliver, BC. About 25 minutes north from the Oroville-Osoyoos border crossing.

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-16-2020, 06:21 PM

Otherwise known as the middle of nowhere...how in the world did you set up shop in Oliver?

I don't have a problem with the price - my concern would be the level of sound at highway speeds, not looking to be the loud crowd but some rumble/sound and letting the Big Cat breathe better (maybe some HP gains) would be ideal.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:26 PM
Sponsor

Otherwise known as the middle of nowhere...how in the world did you set up shop in Oliver?
Because we are 5 minutes from here: https://www.area27.ca/

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-16-2020, 06:33 PM

Part me was thinking you were gonna say followed a lady and this...https://baldyresort.com but a circuit is perfectly fine by me.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:44 PM
Sponsor

Part me was thinking you were gonna say followed a lady and this...https://baldyresort.com but a circuit is perfectly fine by me.
Mrs. VelocityAP_Stuart was already with me before we came here. Actually, truth be told when we came back to Canada we settled down here for a short while that turned out to be the last 7 years, because my brother had just started a winery here: https://www.synchromeshwines.ca/

One thing led to another and the next thing you know we were up and running here and the track was underway and then it just made sense to locate ourselves close to it. All that said, Baldy is about 25 minutes drive from the shop too, and a great little mountain.

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-07-2020, 02:10 PM

2017 here, and certainly interested (if we aren't all driving Mad Max vehicles in a few months with this shutdown.) ×

Old 11-02-2021, 11:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking into purchasing an XF Sportbrake in the near future. Test drove one and found the stock exhaust to be lacking. Any updates on the X260 supercharged exhaust?

Old 11-03-2021, 12:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Resonator delete seems to be the go to for more grunt & better pops/crackles over 3k rpm while being tame at highway speeds with no noticeable drone. Was a bit quiet for my liking (coming from a convertible XK) so I actually had the resonators reinstalled and I replaced the stock mufflers with magnaflow resonators and it sounds amazing BUT I do have a bit of highway drone around the 75mph range that I plan on addressing with a pair of J-tubes after the holidays. Also added 3" rolled black tips to complete the blackout look.

The following users liked this post:
DeviLSh (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:40 AM

Sweet car! All black looks mean and clean.

I heard about the resonator delete, but was worried it would still be too tame. Replacing the stock cans with some Magnaflows was also something I was considering, but I wasn't sure which of their many options would sound good, if any. Figured before experimenting with a custom exhaust, I'd search for one designed specifically for these cars, but unfortunately there's not much out there... Glad to hear you are enjoying the Magnaflows, which ones did you go with? Not super worried about drone as I can't imagine it could be any worse than an exhaust setup I lived with on a Camaro I used to have, hahaha.

Old 11-03-2021, 01:13 AM

Thanks! After I powder coated the wheels & wrapped the silver bits gloss black it looked like a different car completely!

And yeah if you had exhaust on the camaro this drone is practically nothing lol. I had a S/C 5.4 Expedition and ran super 10s so definitely like the louder exhaust.

I went with the Magnaflows based off another guy who had an XFS and swore by it.. The maganflows were pretty hard to find at first because they call everything a muffler but they are the 4x14 straight through magnapacks. I kept the factory mufflers and will reinstall them prior to trading up here in the next 2 years or so.

The resonator delete sounds good outside of the car at higher RPMs but there is like no difference inside which is what I intended to change.

Old 11-03-2021, 01:54 AM

Yup, huge difference! It's crazy how much little accent changes change the look of a car.

Nice, yeah louder exhausts just make driving a car a little bit more fun hahaha. And cool, thanks for the info on the Magnapacks, I'll have to look into them. Looking at Quicksilver exhausts as an option as well, and also wondering what the more aggressive Flowmaster mufflers would do as a replacement for the stock cans.

Old 11-03-2021, 05:35 AM

Check out the reviews on them, found to be mixed which is why I was hesitant for the price. VelocityAP also has the option for pops/crackles with the tune- which I would totally get if I was keeping the car long term. (416hp & 460hp with crank pulley upgrade If I remember correctly) lots of cars running this tune especially the F-types.

Paramount performance, Mina galleries, Spires, Arden, are some of the other options. After I had modified my exhaust I also found xforce varex & RRP which have controllable valves with respectable limited lifetime warranties that would also be worth a look/listen

Old 11-03-2021, 08:25 AM
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoismootoo
I went with the Magnaflows based off another guy who had an XFS and swore by it.. The maganflows were pretty hard to find at first because they call everything a muffler but they are the 4x14 straight through magnapacks. I kept the factory mufflers and will reinstall them prior to trading up here in the next 2 years or so.

The resonator delete sounds good outside of the car at higher RPMs but there is like no difference inside which is what I intended to change.
Are these the Magnaflows you went with?
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/1...raight-through

How did the install process go?

Old 11-03-2021, 08:58 AM

Yup that's them. They fit pretty much right after the hanger to the tips ever so slightly angled- measuring I believe there is 23" between the hanger and tip so used that as a reference when initially sizing. These cans are 20" in total length. I was on them like a hawk making sure the tips came out straight lol! I ended up adding a 2" section so the tips would come out a little more vs factory flush. Leaves room for a rear diffuser if I get froggy.

Redline 360 had them for $75/ea + free shipping.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:57 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by cnrad
Looking into purchasing an XF Sportbrake in the near future. Test drove one and found the stock exhaust to be lacking. Any updates on the X260 supercharged exhaust?
We have 200 cell sport catted downpipes set up for these now. In combination with tuning, pulley options, can get up to 660BHP on the Bosch ECU cars, and 600 on the Denso! Pretty aggressive on a stock exhaust, with sport cats.

www.velocityap.com

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar XF Exhaust