XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Wattabummer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wattabummer

Our beautiful red '17 XF got rear-ended (and subsequently front-ended) at a stoplight last week. Why did that never happen when we drove used American cars?

Old 04-15-2018, 06:47 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Exactly!

I hope there were no injuries and you come out of the insurance without penalty.

Graham

Old 04-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 349 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicktruck
Our beautiful red '17 XF got rear-ended (and subsequently front-ended) at a stoplight last week.
Were you stopped and the rear impact drove you into the car in front? If so, then you should have no 'out of pocket'. Hope no one was injured and the repair is done to your satisfaction. Be critical, that's what you pay for.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ask for Dimished Value Payment

If you are involved in an accident, which is NOT your fault, you have the right to demand a cash payment from the other persons insurance for Diminished Value. Your body work will most likely be reported to Car Fax, and now you are driving a damaged vehicle. It is worth less at trade in, it is worth less if you sell it outright. My wife was the third car in a multi car rear ender, Our Dodge Chargers rear cover was cracked, I took home a check for an extra $2500.00 for my time and trouble. They will tell you there is no such thing, do your homework and tell the other insurance company to Pack Sand.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 349 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona Ranger
If you are involved in an accident, which is NOT your fault,.......

If you are stopped and you are rear ended you are not liable for the damage done to the car you are pushed into. If you were moving it's a different story and you have liability. To what extent I don't know.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad your fine. Happened to us, in our new 16 not long after we purchased it on Father's day no-less. It happens....

Oh, and as far as diminished value - all depends on your state. Doesn't work here in Mass.

Good luck and enjoy your XF non-the-less.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would think that if you were 0% at fault, your premiums would not go up; but (as happened to us once already), the other person's insurance did not cover all of the repairs, so our company ended up kicking in the rest. When that happened, our name went on a list of people who the company paid out to. As I understand, once you're on the list for whatever reason, you're there for five years, and since you were an insurance liability, the premiums go up.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,604 Likes on 8,299 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicktruck
You would think that if you were 0% at fault, your premiums would not go up; but (as happened to us once already), the other person's insurance did not cover all of the repairs, so our company ended up kicking in the rest. When that happened, our name went on a list of people who the company paid out to. As I understand, once you're on the list for whatever reason, you're there for five years, and since you were an insurance liability, the premiums go up.

Suggestion...take the guilty party to small claims court and get them to pay the extra amount if it's not too late. Talk to your insurance co. and see if they'll accept the payment and take you off the "bad list".