XF (X260) 2015 onwards

X260 Performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017 | 01:43 PM
|
Default X260 Performance mods?

Has anyone done any ECU, pully or exhaust work on their XF?

Also interested to know if anyone's lowered their ride.

Looking at a XF S, want it to go quicker..

Old 02-14-2017 | 03:35 PM

Quite a lot of info on what we offer in these two threads:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2-0l-t-175327/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...8s-v8r-158091/

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 02-16-2017 | 10:55 PM
|

Thanks. Do you guys have anything to make the exhaust sound better?

It's way to muted for the look and feel of the car.

Old 02-17-2017 | 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by FreightTrain

I was researching this for a while. Great sound on demand

.: QTP - Standard QTEC :.

Edit: sorry, initially posted wrong link

Old 02-17-2017 | 10:31 AM

Haven't gotten into that quite yet. We do have our own manufacturing facility here in Canada where we make exhausts for a variety of cars so it certainly is possible, but it is a question of figuring out what works and what people want on these cars.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-17-2017 | 12:22 PM
|

Originally Posted by ololly
I was researching this for a while. Great sound on demand

.: QTP - Standard QTEC :.

Edit: sorry, initially posted wrong link
Thanks - have you put this into your vehicle?

Old 02-17-2017 | 01:11 PM

Thanks - have you put this into your vehicle?
Not yet. I own my car for only a week But I'm trying to research it.

Last edited by ololly; 02-17-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2017 | 12:12 AM
|

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Haven't gotten into that quite yet. We do have our own manufacturing facility here in Canada where we make exhausts for a variety of cars so it certainly is possible, but it is a question of figuring out what works and what people want on these cars.
I'd say I want it to sound 75% like a F-type.
I'd put your ECU mod, exhaust that makes it sound 75% F type and lower it just a tad bit so the gap was slightly less visible.

At that point the car becomes perfection for me.

Old 02-27-2017 | 11:50 PM
Veteran Member

Try the Varex Exhaust. Changed the sound of my XF completely.

I just loaded the VelocityAP tune and my Jag jumps out of the hole much much quicker than before.

Have only done a few WOT runs and I think the car is still going through the acclimation process so the verdict is still out until I get the car on the dyno for a before/after analysis, but the tune was well worth it. The car is simply alot more fun to drive.

Old 02-28-2017 | 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel

I just loaded the VelocityAP tune and my Jag jumps out of the hole much much quicker than before.

Have only done a few WOT runs and I think the car is still going through the acclimation process so the verdict is still out until I get the car on the dyno for a before/after analysis, but the tune was well worth it. The car is simply alot more fun to drive.
Just make sure you dyno both stock & MOD files WITHOUT allowing the adaptations to learn, or you won't be comparing apples to apples.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-28-2017 | 12:15 AM
|

Very cool. Have you done a 0-60 run?

How is the Varex exhaust? Link would be really helpful.
Not looking for super loud, just a nice note.

Old 02-28-2017 | 12:36 AM
Veteran Member

I think the Varex gave the car a very tight Euro tone. Not grotesque loud. The leggy blonde even likes it. But the benefit of it is that for long rides with the leggy blonde, I can simply press a button, the flaps close and I am back to a quite exhaust.

I have done quite about 10 WOT runs so far. The car feels like it is in the mid 4 sec range for 0-60mph.

I was apprehensive that tuning the car would make it hard to drive (easily spinning tires, etc.) but that is not the case at all.

The ability to jump out from a stop is the most pleasureable benefit so far.

The following users liked this post:
FreightTrain (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017 | 12:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Just make sure you dyno both stock & MOD files WITHOUT allowing the adaptations to learn, or you won't be comparing apples to apples.
Crap, then I am too late. I have already dyno'ed the car from stock. I was planning to take it in after the tune to see what the numbers were.

The guys have been telling me that I should load the stock tune and do a stock dyno run, then load the VAP tune and do a dyno run. What do you think? My plan was to dyno the car with the tune, since I already have the stock dyno numbers.

Old 02-28-2017 | 08:55 AM
|

I think the Varex gave the car a very tight Euro tone. Not grotesque loud. The leggy blonde even likes it. But the benefit of it is that for long rides with the leggy blonde, I can simply press a button, the flaps close and I am back to a quite exhaust.

I have done quite about 10 WOT runs so far. The car feels like it is in the mid 4 sec range for 0-60mph.

I was apprehensive that tuning the car would make it hard to drive (easily spinning tires, etc.) but that is not the case at all.

The ability to jump out from a stop is the most pleasureable benefit so far.
You've built your ride pretty similar to the setup I'd like to do on mine. You've gotta share some pics!!

Some questions for you: Which Varex exhaust did you end up choosing? There are a few options and I've been puttering about trying to select one.

Also question about the lip spoiler you installed. Was the factory one screwed in and a pain to get off?

Old 03-01-2017 | 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

Actually, I am trying to get someone at Mina Gallery to send me a pic of the front splitter they have before I order, but have had not luck....Really frustrating!!! I won't order until I see some photos of the piece (or pieces). The trunk spoiler is factory installed and I think they are placed on there with 3M tape. not really sure...Here are pics of my sweet ride. Only mods left to do are carbon fiber all the chrome parts and put a lower pulley for some extra low end pull.

What an ***!!!

Coming off the detailing conveyor belt

Nice stance from the 275's

Old 03-01-2017 | 05:45 PM
|

That looks and sounds awesome!

Cherry_560sel (03-01-2017)
Old 03-02-2017 | 01:27 AM
Veteran Member

Now...you guys in with the 3.5t's need to start showing up and posting your mods!!! Come on !!! The XE side is blowing up...the F type dudes are doing crraaaazy stuff.. and here you can hear the crickets chirping.

BigCat09 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-02-2017 | 09:07 AM

The XE side is blowing up...the F type dudes are doing crraaaazy stuff.. and here you can hear the crickets chirping.
Those are both new models, so people are excited

Personally I am not planning to install any performance mods any time soon - there is plenty of power and handling. I came form Nissan Maxima - FWD with 290HP, so the change is big enough for me as it is.

Maybe I'll put slotted rotors with ceramic pad when the time comes, but for now the tint and radar detector with shifters is all for now.

Old 03-02-2017 | 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

Hey..I read your post on the ALP jammers. I am looking into the setup you have. What sort of performance are you experiencing from the ALP? Is it consistant? Do you get plenty of warning? It has an auto off feature correct? ...have not had a chance to research yet. The web is cluttered with radar detector crap...unless you are driving through a podunk one stoplight town those are worthless. Yes... cruisers still use radar to detect speeds from behind during their driving...but most times you are going to get pegged by a laser and by the time that radar detector does off..you might as well just reach for your wallet right there.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 03-02-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2017 | 10:20 AM

Hey..I read your post on the ALP jammers. I am looking into the setup you have. What sort of performance are you experiencing from the ALP? Is it consistant? Do you get plenty of warning? It has an auto off feature correct? ...have not had a chance to research yet. The web is cluttered with radar detector crap...unless you are driving through a podunk one stoplight town those are worthless. Yes... cruisers still use radar to detect speeds from behind during their driving...but most times you are going to get pegged by a laser and by the time that radar detector does off..you might as well just reach for your wallet right there.
Well, to the contrary of a public opinion Radars are used much more frequently than Lidar (laser). You cannot operate laser on the move, during fog, rain etc. It is much more precise, but also much more complicated to operate. In fact, the last save I had (last week) was from Radar, not laser. I haven't been shot by laser once (MN to KS via IA and MO and back)

As for the ALP it is arguably the best system on the market. It gives you all the warning in the world because unless you turn it off (manually or with the timer) it jams all the time. So there is no reading of your speed while you are slowing down to PSL and then turning it off (or, if you choose so, it turns off by the timer)

Now, unless you add a radar antenna to an ALP setup (there is this option), or install a stand alone Radar Detector you will not get notified if you are tagged with Radar gun.

So you need the best radar on the market to not only to "catch" the scatters on Instant On pulses (when they tag the cars in front of you), but also filter out all the "noise" from BSM of cars around you and all the automatic doors openers. Unlike Laser, it is highly illegal to jam Radar (which is under FCC regulations. Laser is under FDA), so you rely on early warning. The earlier, the better.

In the nutshell - with ALM if you are tagged with Laser, you have a high chance of survival. With Radar no so much... With just a radar detector - same approach, but if you are tagged with laser, you are done. Radar relies on catching scattered radio waves, and there is no scatter for laser...