XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF Central Locking/Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF Central Locking/Ignition

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Jaguar Forum and indeed to Jaguar ownership! I bought my 2010 3.0 diesel XF late last year and has been very reliable. Until now! Hence why I'm now on this forum.

My partner wanted to move the car earlier, but whilst it unlocked, it wouldn't start. No dash lights came on nor the screen. The central locking also started whirring away. This is continuous and does not respond to the fob (lock or unlock). I've had to disconnect the battery for it to stop. It has been left a few minutes & re-connected but the whirring starts again.

Another problem is that I put one of the fobs into the slot and now it won't release it!

Fortunately I've been able to lock the doors manually but am at a loss what to do. The battery looks to be charged as I connected a charger to it and it showed a reasonable charge.

Over the past two days all I've done is move the car off the driveway & back on again and no symptoms were experienced.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 05-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: we put the battery on trickle-charge for a few hours yesterday and now all appears to be okay (when I first connected it up the charger showed 3 bars out of 4 which is why I assumed it was charged. When we connected it again later it was only on 1 bar). Fob was eventually released. Took it for a good spin last night and kept it in manual mode so could keep in lowish gears.

This is a 9-year old car so battery may be original? It looks very clean but will see how old it is. May have to invest in a new one; can't afford to be stranded with so much reliant on electrics these days.

And it looks like I've posted this in the wrong forum: current XF instead of previous model! Which may explain why I've had no responses...